Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Help! Is this just anxiety or something more?  (Read 224 times)

Offline singsosoft

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Help! Is this just anxiety or something more?
« on: May 17, 2014, 04:37:50 PM »
     I can not think straight.  Once I get something on my mind I become so fixated on it, I can't think about anything else.  I seriously seem to obsess about it.
     The things I start to think about are typically things that haven't even happened, but could.  For example, right now my family is going through some changes.  And I have been stressing about our insurance.  I have turned in all the paperwork they have asked for but I still have become so consumed by the possibility that something "might" cause us to loose our insurance I can't sleep or think striaght.
     This is just the what if for this week, it is always something and is becoming worse and worse.  Is it just anxiety?  What can do?  Please help....
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 163
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help! Is this just anxiety or something more?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 06:06:07 AM »
Just anxiety. It is like you are looking for the worst thing that could possible happen. That is what happens with such thoughts. You have to try and reason with yourself. The thoughts are irrational. So you make a list of how you can sort things out if you have family problems. Work from the list. Not from your mind. Bit like taken control of the situation back.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline rachach

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 02:56:59 PM »
It sounds like anxiety.  I have these same obsessive almost OCD thoughts.  Sometimes it can be something simple like buying a shirt I saw.  I get obsessive and can't stop thinking about it until I go do it, which resolves the anxiety.  It can be what I'm going to order in a restaurant when it's days away.  It can be more serious issues as well.  I can't stop thinking about it no matter what.  Over and over, imagining different scenarios and outcomes.  To help I do research if applicable and other times I simply do not let myself think about it.  When I start, I make myself stop and think of something else because once I start I won't stop.  I heard once that with these obsessive thoughts it may help to go ahead and think of the worst possible outcomes.  Sometimes this can show that you can get through it, thinking worst-case scenario situations and finding their solutions.  I hope everything works out, but I just wanted to say I most definitely understand obsessive thinking.
Bookmark and Share

Offline singsosoft

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 04:45:00 PM »
Thanks guys.  Rachach I never considered it as being obsessive.  But you are totally right it is.  I am trying to not think of the situation at all but then another one creeps in.  I am determined to not let these thoughts get the best of me.  Thank you so much for the encouragment.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: