Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: HA and impending doom  (Read 204 times)

Offline morlnor

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
HA and impending doom
« on: May 17, 2014, 12:29:31 AM »
Does anyone else ever feel like their life is just gone? I am only 28 years old, but when I think about doing things like a normal 28 year old (going on vacation, hiking, running a half marathon, just enjoying life in general), the only thought that comes to mind is that whatever sickness I have won't allow me to do that. I have acid reflux that constantly causes me chest pains. I am convinced it is my heart. So when I think about going on a hike with my husband, my mind says that my heart won't be able to handle it. I'm also convinced I have caused myself cancer from not taking care of myself! So I sink back into my little hole where I just sit in the house, watch TV, and play meaningless games on my iPad while I am missing out on my life! This has been going on (and getting progressively worse) in the past 2 years! I would love to hear from somebody!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline tarvyo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: HA and impending doom
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 02:58:51 AM »
Also 28 here, don't play sport anymore, even though I've had my good days saying I'm going to get back in to the active things I enjoyed but then I dip back in to my hole. Had a good week last week, but now convinced my palpitations are going to end me, so the cycle is just seeming to repeat itself. Currently wearing a holter monitor and even if it comes back "normal" I'm just going to think it hasn't picked up something. The lethargic legs throw me which is what convinces me it's a heart problem but it's probably the fact I'm barely using them :/

I guess all we can do is remember the better days we have and realise it is just anxiety and assorted issues with it rearing it's ugly head once again. Always keen for a chat if you want.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jayorz128

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 03:04:14 AM »
I am only 25 and I feel like same way. Sometimes I will think whatever illness my anxiety creates prevents me from doing something. In February I turned down joining a softball league because I was convinced I had MS which I don't of course.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

• Some Weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 03:28:13 AM »
18, I feel the same sometimes...
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 06:33:08 AM »
Yep I'm 26 and I have that all day everyday it's horrific. I think well Memorial Day weekend is coming up but im sure I have a brain tumor so I won't make it until then.
Bookmark and Share

Offline yesyesno

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 10:07:10 PM »
I'm 28 and I definitely feel like I am wasting my twenties (some call them your best years) away in my house.  Anytime I am invited anywhere my first impulse is to say no because my condition could worsen by the time the event rolls around and I won't be able to go.  Today, I actually went on an outing for the first time in 3 months.  And I lived!  We can do it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline zaft

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 11:03:48 PM »
If you've been checked out by a doctor (only once is necessary) try to exercise. I hate it but I try to do a half-hour every day I can. For the first couple of weeks I was wondering where those feel-good endorphins I read about were, but have noticed a positive difference over time. If you die during exercise, at least you don't have to worry about anxiety anymore! :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline morlnor

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 11:27:15 PM »
Today I have had a bad day. Bad palpitations and chest pains. I have also started coughing.  Are these all anxiety symptoms? I cannot quit thinking that something is bad wrong with my heart! I am OCD about being a perfectionist. So I put entirely too much stress on myself! I worry about EVERYTHING!! How much stress can your heart really take? I don't get very much exercise and my diet is not the best. But I'm not overweight and my BP and cholesterol were both good when I was screened 2 months ago for insurance.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: