Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Zoloft and Lexapro questions  (Read 279 times)

Offline ebs0031

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Zoloft and Lexapro questions
« on: May 17, 2014, 12:19:37 AM »
Hey everyone,

So initially my doctor put me on zoloft for my depression. I seem to be really sensitive to any medication, so he started me off on a lower dosage, 25mg. I felt pretty much the same, maybe a tiny bit better, but when I would get irritated, I was way worse than before. Doctor bumped the dosage up to 50mg, and it only got worse. There was no middle. I was either "giddy," overly happy and excited, or I was a loose cannon, and I would get irritated extremely quickly. Over a few months, doctor decided to take me off of it, I was only getting worse.

Has anyone else had any reactions like this?

Now I have been put on lexapro, I took my first dosage tonight. Wondering what the jump should be like?

- When would be the best time of day for me to take it?
- How much different is it from zoloft? will i have the same reaction?
- How long before the medication kicks in and starts to work?
- anything else I should know?

I'm taking it in addition to starting therapy soon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 135
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Zoloft and Lexapro questions
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 12:45:53 AM »
Now I have been put on lexapro, I took my first dosage tonight. Wondering what the jump should be like?

- When would be the best time of day for me to take it?

It doesn't matter, though pick a time that you are always likely to be able to take it as it is very important you do so daily.

- How much different is it from zoloft? will i have the same reaction?

Lexapro is the only true SSRI, affecting only serotonin transporters and receptors, so there's a good chance that your reaction will be different.

- How long before the medication kicks in and starts to work?

Usually, anywhere from 3 to 12 weeks from when you're on a therapeutic dose, which is at least 10mg/day.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags:

anything