Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Vision  (Read 134 times)

Offline doug65

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Vision
« on: May 16, 2014, 10:54:37 PM »
I'm hoping someone can answer me.  Today, while sitting at my desk I had a panic attack.  However, how it started is what puzzles me.  I work at a computer for 8-9 hrs a day.  While working, I was looking down at some paperwork and as I started to turn upwards to the computer screen my eyes seemingly 'froze'.  I'll try to explain clearly.  I did not experience any pain, dizziness, light headiness, no spots, no blurriness, nothing.  It felt as though my eyes were paralyzed.  It lasted maybe 3 sec, it seemed a lot longer but doubt it was.  It kicked off a panic attack, 2 others were in the room with me and noticed nothing.  Since then I've had muscle tension around the eyes.

I have chalked it up to stress/neck muscle tension.

Thoughts?
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline jayorz128

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Vision
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 02:57:04 AM »
It was probably the beginning of your panic attack.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 07:00:35 AM »
computer neck.... lack of stretching throughout the day from sitting... your body is freaking out like what the heck why have i been so immobile all day... i better release some cortisol and fight or flight response so i can get up and get hyper and get moving and get oxygen rolling towards my extremities. Very common amongst immobile people sitting at a computer all day. This is the way the world is heading. It is very unhealthy and unproductive for the body to be forced to be in front of a computer 9 hours a day but it's sad but it's just the way it is. Also, you may need glasses. Computer use usually causes eye strain. Also, the type lighting like LED lighting can cause overexcitement to the autonomic nervous system. It also can disrupt sleep cycles. Sad... the problems of today. Technology is slowly destroying people's lives.
Bookmark and Share

Offline doug65

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 07:53:12 AM »
Thank you both for your responses, very helpful and much appreciated.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Tags: