Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I believe I'm suffering from anxiety, can anyone offer advice...?  (Read 133 times)

Offline bpalmer1792

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I just got my grades my back for this semester and they are horrible I failed pretty much every class. For about the past 8 months I've noticed that I have been losing my ability to focus, concentrate, memorize things, or retain information. My mind is constantly racing worrying about other things however and a lot of times this worrying causes me to go into a state of panic. These things I worry about and cause my panics can be as little as worrying about needing to put gas in my car. I sometimes can't sleep because  I can't get my mind to relax or sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with a panicked feeling for absolutely no reason. Sometimes during the day when I'm awake I'll have a feeling of panic for no reason, I could be sitting and watching TV and all of a sudden it will overcome me. I also sometimes have this mood where I have absolutely no motivation or desire to do anything even if there's something I need or want to do. I feel like a boulder I just don't want to move and almost feel like I can't.
I'm thinking this is due to anxiety and looking into getting help because I hate feeling like this and its really starting to effect me. Does this sound like what I'm suffering from? Does anyone have advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sleepingbear

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I believe I'm suffering from anxiety, can anyone offer advice...?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 09:39:54 PM »
Sounds like anxiety and or depression.  Please ask for help.  You deserve to feel better.  When I was in college, this happened to me.  I had no idea what was happening to me, nor did anyone around me.  My parents didn't know how to help.  Ii hated feeling the way I was feeling.  I would have done anything had someone told me there was help.  Instead I suffered for a long time, needlessly.  There IS help out there and anxiety is unbelievably common everywhere.  You're not alone or a freak.  Hang in there and ask for help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpalmer1792

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 10:27:33 PM »
Would you suggest??? I was thinking to see a psychiatrist...?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 11:28:13 PM »
Hello BP, and welcome to Anxiety Zone!  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site.

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

BP, for my mental health needs, I see a psychiatrist.  Psychiatrists are medical doctors.  They can provide you with a diagnosis, prescribe medication if necessary, and develop a treatment plan tailored just for your needs.  I also see a psychologist/therapist, and she is teaching me cognitive behavioral therapy.  I am on anti-depressant therapy for my anxiety/panic attacks, and plan on being on an anti-depressant for the rest of my life.

So yes, I would highly suggest that you seek out medical professionals that deal specifically with the treatment of anxiety disorder, and seeing a psychiatrist is an excellent start.

Again, welcome to Anxiety Zone, BP.  The very best to you!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: