Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Stupid face numbness  (Read 107 times)

Offline richdelb

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stupid face numbness
« on: May 16, 2014, 02:16:28 PM »
I HATE this crap.  Feeling better for a while and the STUPID face / mouth / tongue numbness comes back at full speed.  My Dr. continuously tells assures me that this is stress / anxiety related and "nothing" more than that.  (we all know that "nothing" is relative, but I digress.)  I also have noticed that I get a LOT of neck / shoulder pain later in the day when this is happening....

When it's going like it has the last 24 - 48 hours I can't help but get in a royal panic that something "HAS" to be wrong with me.  Something very bad. 

I had been feeling a lot better lately.  Another funny thing I have noticed, even while this is going on, is that my vision (I wear corrective lenses) has gotten much sharper lately.  (Still blurry as hell without my glasses, but driving around I am sometimes amazed at how crisp and clear everything is.)  Not to say it wasn't clear before, but it's "clearer" now, if that makes any sense.

Anyone want to try to reassure me that I am not suffering from the dreaded "Hanging Bugger Disease" or something else equally terrifying and life threatening?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stupid face numbness
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 04:59:44 PM »
I get facial numbness too. It was at it's worst when I was going through the brain tumour and MS panic. It's not as bad as it was. But sometimes, I'll be just sitting at my desk in work and will feel it creeping across my cheek. Horrendously worrying. But I'm putting it down to anxiety too, seeing as it has improved 98%.
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got - Graffito

Offline madmexican808

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stupid face numbness
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 08:03:46 PM »
I get facial numbness too. It was at it's worst when I was going through the brain tumour and MS panic. It's not as bad as it was. But sometimes, I'll be just sitting at my desk in work and will feel it creeping across my cheek. Horrendously worrying. But I'm putting it down to anxiety too, seeing as it has improved 98%.

How did you overcome the MS panic?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: