Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Abnormal goosebumps  (Read 168 times)

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Abnormal goosebumps
« on: May 16, 2014, 07:53:36 AM »
Do any of you get excessive or abnormal goosebumps? I always get them on my legs. I get them even if a person touches the back of my neck or if I think of something emotional. In fact, my legs almost always feel like they are on the verge of getting them. It is really awful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Abnormal goosebumps
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 09:18:28 AM »
I've been having that problem with my legs since January, (but mostly on my right leg from knee down) then it started on my scalp, sometimes one side, maybe the other, then sometimes the whole head!!) When I went for my BP checkup 4 days ago I told the doctor about it!  He said that that just happens, no reason.  I asked if it could be a pinched nerve he said no, then I asked the scary question, "How about a brain tumor?"  He waved his hand at me and said, "No, nothing like that!"  He told me my nerve endings are just misfiring, common and not a problem at all.  I then told him about a WEIRD feeling I get if I scratch my stomach or upper leg, a WEIRD feeling that runs down both legs.  He smiled and said, "Don't scratch"  (LOL!)
It IS awful and if my legs have "chills" it gets worse when I move them.

I told him all these problems happened from this winter when I was constantly shoveling snow - he said, "I think you stressed yourself out!"
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Abnormal goosebumps
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 02:47:41 PM »
Thanks Sunlover. I went to a neurologist about a month ago about this prickly feeling I get in both legs (not just the goosebumps) and she ran a whole whack of blood tests.  Today I got a message on my answering machine stating I have to have 3 more tests based on my blood results.  I haven't been able to speak to anyone yet.  As you can imagine, I am freaking out.  I can hardly breathe.  I wonder what the problem is.  Ahhhhh.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: