Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I thought this was getting better.....  (Read 211 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I thought this was getting better.....
« on: May 15, 2014, 11:05:47 PM »
I posted on here before about a troubling earworm that was plaguing me for awhile.  It has once again popped back into my head and I almost want to just give up.  It is now playing in my head when I lay down to go to sleep...and therefore I can't sleep.  What am I to do?  I have battled with this problem since October of 2012 and it's come and gone, now it's back.  I am seriously considering doing away with myself because to be honest, at least my brain will be quiet.  Even my parents said they haven't heard of something like this happening.  I am laying here with the song playing over and over again.  I honestly have no idea why it's so bothersome, but it just won't go away permanently.

Every other song I have had stuck in my head has gone away, but this one is just STUCK.  It will be stuck FOREVER as far as I can tell...what am I suppose to do?  :(

I have tried everything and I am at the end of my rope with this.  I was contemplating going to the doctors for this particular problem but what am I suppose to say..."I've had a song stuck in my head for almost 2 years on and off."   :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
Re: I thought this was getting better.....
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 02:27:24 AM »
So, I've never had this problems and frankly, it sounds a bit bizarre. I do, however, have tinnitus and that certainly can be a nuisance. Have you tried listening to white noise to 'drown out' the auditory thoughts?
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 04:05:59 AM »
I've read that it's another form of obsessive thinking.  Perhaps it can be combated the same way other obsessive thoughts can. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caribou

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 11:31:40 AM »
A lot of other people that I've talked to about it, have said that they think it's another form of OCD.  However, if other songs have popped out of my head, why can't this one?  I thought that it might be an obsessive thought, but I worry that it will just remain in my thoughts until the day I die.

People also told me to try and listen to white noise as well...does that work well?  How else should I try and rid this, if nothing seems to work?
Bookmark and Share

Offline GoogleMonster

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 12:39:19 PM »
Have you visited a doctor? Also don't say you willl do away with yourself!  :angry-smiley-034:
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 04:59:41 PM »
Well, I've been told my tinnitus could be somatoform (I have no actual hearing loss which is a rarity in tinnitus sufferers and thus it might not be caused by a pathology and instead I'm 'imagining it' into existence). White noise works exceedingly well for me. I also have OCD; there's a chance, I guess, that what I experience may be related. Check Youtube for 'tinnitus masking'. Maybe it'll help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 05:08:16 PM »
I'll also add, you should try more than one 'masking audio'. I've noticed some are much more effective than others. If you want, PM me and I'll send you a link to the few I prefer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caribou

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 11:32:05 PM »
I'm just so miserable!  When I lay down for bed at night, my heart rate shoots up, and no matter what the song will just play and play in my head.  I can replace it with another song, but my heart rate shoots up and it will stay that way until the other song plays again.  I am a complete wreck, and not one person can relate to this.

As sad as this may sound, I have actually looked into drug-induced amnesia.  I think that is honestly the only way to get rid of this nightmare.  But, I've tried multiple "masking audios" as mentioned and not one works.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: