Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Digestive tract issues?  (Read 134 times)

Offline ObiLaws

• Padawan
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Believe in the power of the mind
    • Poke This Member
Digestive tract issues?
« on: May 15, 2014, 09:46:52 PM »
Hey guys I'm just looking for some possible reassurance about what I'm going through. Currently, I've been experiencing issues involving most of my digestive tract and some of the symptoms have been causing me considerable anxiety.

Occasionally I'll get pains on the right side of my chest, right against where my ribs meet my sternum. Other times, they're in the same general area but are farther down and feel deeper, like the gallbladder. I get lots of gurgles in that side of my chest and in my stomach. I've had trouble swallowing for a couple weeks, no pain just feels not as smooth as usual. In conjunction with this, I've had trouble finding my appetite at times. Occasionally, I'll get a pressure/uncomfortableness in my chest that makes it feel like I'm having trouble breathing but I'm really not, I just keep breathing and I'm okay. It shows up after I eat. It'll usually go away when I belch, which happens excessively after I eat. I also get occasional burning pains in my stomach and heartburn.

I was diagnosed with acid reflux that has progressed into GERD at this point and have been taking Omeprazole (generic Prilosec) for it but I don't know if that's helping as much anymore.

My mom and I think it may be esaphogitis caused by my GERD getting worse due to my anxiety. Any thoughts on what these could be?

Thanks for the input :)

Cody
Bookmark and Share
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Tags: