Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: anxiety worse in morning / dizzy and feelings of panic. not even anxious??  (Read 206 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
last 2 mornings, waking up, and as SOON as my eyes open I feel panic, for no reason.. then I feel dizzy when getting up and this will last as long as I let it.... xanax usually helps.. but again this off balance feeling and CONSTANT lightheadedness has been 2 1/2 months. I had one break in those months for a few days and felt fine. Not anxious but HAVING physical symptoms??????

Im sorry that im an absolute NUT CASE.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I feel anxious when I wake up too and for no apparent reason. Just get out of bed and get going, maybe do some deep breathing and it should pass.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I get anxiety dizziness all the time.  If it wasn't for that I'd be living with my panic disorder a lot easier.  I get the dizziness without being anxious like you. When I'm out I always feel like I need a shopping cart to keep my balance.  I know its anxiety because its worse in crowed areas like stores.  I'm sure yours is anxiety related too since you said Xanax helps.  If it was an inner ear problem causing the problem Xanax wouldn't cure it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Thank you.

I wouldn't say Xanax cures it but it makes me not quite notice it. I'm not sure if it ever really goes away. I also get sudden bursts feelings like I want to puke or freak out along with the dizzy feeling. Very panicky. I do constantly think about when I'll see my dog again, where I'll be living in a month, if I'm dying of a brain tumor, if my grandpa is ok at hospital etc. but even not thinking about all of that I feel like this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
You would think this would give us all a little hope...

"Brain Tumor Lifetime Risk

In general, there is a less than a 1 percent chance of developing a malignant CNS or brain tumor over the course of one’s lifetime. But as you get older, that risk increases. Among people under the age of 20, 4.5 per 100,000 persons will be diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. That rate rises to 57 per 100,000 persons after age 75. The risk stops increasing among people over the age of 85."

"13,140 deaths were attributed to primary and central nervous system tumors in 2010 in the U.S.3"

United States population = 315,183,801 million.

But it doesnt help me at all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
If you did the math on your 57 per 100k you'd get a 0.00057 chance of getting a brain tumor. Its not just less than 1 percent its less than 1/10th of 1 percent. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline TarheelBabe1980

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Actually xanax and other benzos can help folks with inner ear disorders because of the vestibular suppressant qualities of the drugs. Most people with chronic dizziness however, have migraine variants (which xanax can also be useful for too).
*Source Dr Timothy Hain, otoneurologist at Mayo Clinic in Chicago (sorry, forgot the link)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: