Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Never hungry anymore, cancer fears  (Read 244 times)

Offline Eric68

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Never hungry anymore, cancer fears
« on: May 15, 2014, 04:11:55 AM »
Here I am on the internet instead of sleeping, because my anxiety won't let me sleep.

For a little over a month I have had little to no appetite.  It started as stomach issues-heartburn, reflux, and gurgleyness. I'm not nauseous at all. I've been taking Prilosec and that is helping, but my appetite just never comes back. I haven't lost much weight, because I'm making myself eat.  It seems like everything I read makes me think I have some undetected cancer that is causing this.  I'm pretty sure it started as anxiety from lots of stressful things all at once, but I can't get the dread to subside. 

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

P.S.  I went to my doctor yesterday for the third time with these stomach issues, and he's referred me to a GI doc, but I can't get in for two weeks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Never hungry anymore, cancer fears
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 05:55:08 AM »
Cancer is your fear. Acid Reflux can cause people not to want to eat. As can depression. More just a case of finding out what is stopping you from eating. It would seem the reflux. Just from reading your words. That can be sorted out with medication. Try and not jump ahead of yourself and fear the worst. Look for other answers too.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Eric68

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 09:59:01 AM »
You are right, I need to not jump ahead in my thinking by filling in information I don't have.  Catastrophic thinking is one of the hallmarks of my anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Eric68

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 11:02:42 AM »
I called the GI doc's office to try to get in earlier.  I failed to tell them about the loss of appetite when I made the appointment.  They are going to try to get me in sooner.  I'm just running myself ragged with worry...  I feel very alone about this.  My friends think it's just anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ObiLaws

• Padawan
    Worried
  • Believe in the power of the mind
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 12:45:08 PM »
Don't feel alone. I'm dealing with the same exact thing. Gurgliness, reflux, loss of appetite, only I've had GERD for a while so I'm also dealing with some esophagitis and possibly gastritis, so it's horrible when I do eat and I have a sore throat, voice hoarseness, and some right side chest pain along with some burning sensations on occasion and some hot breath. I'm scheduling a GI doc appointment today. I've never had anxiety before but I've really had it bad these past few weeks as this problem has started to arise, along with all the other high stress events happening to me right now. It seems you and I are in the same boat. If you need any support feel free to message me so we can keep each other going. :)

Cody
Bookmark and Share
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Offline Eric68

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 01:07:56 PM »
Cody, thanks for responding.  I tried sending you a private message but I don't think it went through.  Anyway, either PM me or post here about how your doctor visit goes.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: