Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Again and again  (Read 119 times)

Offline roulolox

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Again and again
« on: May 14, 2014, 07:13:37 AM »
Well I do not know what to do ....
I am a male 41 and always had kind of HA.
I thought I had colon cancer at the age of 20 (and then got a colonoscopy ! dx with IBS), bladder cancer it my early 30s, colon cancer when I was 37 (and then got a colonoscopy as well as a gastroscopy / Finally dx with IBS), lymphoma when I was 38-39 (and got a CT-scan !). Now I am pretty convinced I have pancreatic cancer : I had a slight increase in my lipase level (a protein specific for pancreas) last october and then got a CT scan (clear). I was more or less ok the last few months but always had kind of digestive problems (related to IBS according to my gastro). Two months ago I started to feel better and even gain weight (!). I was up to 65-66 I guess. I asked for a control of my lipase level two weeks ago (I started to have sometimes pain in my belly and kind of soft, light-colored stools) and it was 3 times the max. value. I started to be really really worried. I had an ultrasound, which was clear (the radiologist told me the pancreas was really visible because I am skinny). Still my gastro proposed me to have an MRI (but he and the radiologist are confident I do not have something). Despite this, I am just sooooo anxious.
My life is really controlled by the fear of having something bad. Every day, I search on the net, read scientific publications, or browse cancer forums ..... I started to loose my appetite two weeks ago and lost 2 kg, which worries even more ! I was on Lexapro but started to decrease the dose a few months back. Now I am waiting for this MRI (scheduled end of may) and even not sure it will ease me if it is ok. I started to take xanax but do not see big improvement. Every slight thing happening in my body is a source of fear.
I used to see a psy but it did not help that much. I was thinking of cognitive therapy.

Well, I am just wondering if you are the same and how you can manage it in your every day life.
Thanks for reading
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Again and again
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 10:21:27 PM »
Cognitive therapy is a good idea. 

Weight loss is pretty normal when you're eating less :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything