Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 31 times)

Offline Kadrozia

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello
« on: May 13, 2014, 09:15:39 PM »
Hi everyone!

I'm gonna begin this by telling you that I'm french canadian, so my english is not perfect at all, especially when
I'm emotional >.< So sorry for the future mistakes. I'm 22 years old and currently finishing a DEC in arts (mostly
litterature) and about to begin in august another DEC in social working. Why am I here today... Because ever since
I was 16 years old I've suffered from anxiety and depression. My worst years were between 18 and about 20 and
a half years old. During those years it was so bad that I was thinking about ***** everyday and crying myself
to sleep almost everyday. I had a breaking point where I finally told my dad the depth of how bad I was feeling and
I finally seeked some professional help. I took Cipralex for maybe half a year until I thought I felt better and stopped.
I never liked the idea of having to take medication to feel better, and even if it helped, I felt like a robot and hated it.

So that is all from the past. There's so much more to tell but I can't write everything it would take forever. Basically,
right now in my life, I feel like I'm relapsing. I've had gigantic ups and downs this year so far......... I had maybe 2 months
where I felt like I was completly happy and I felt like everything was finally over. And after those months... I've been slowly,
going back to my usual depressed and stressed out self. To not being able to look at anyone in the eyes, to not being able
to feel right in any situation what so ever. To feeling like a fucking stranger in my life. I look at people, at everyone that I love
mostly my family and I feel out of place, I feel weird, I feel like an outcast. I live alone and spend so much time alone that
it drives me nuts. Working is taking me so much effort because I work in customer service and I constantly have to talk to people
and look at them in the eyes. I'm completly terrified of going back to how I was before.

Sorry if this first post is all over the place. I never know what to say when I introduce myself so I tend to throw everything that
comes to my mind on paper... lol

Caroline
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 03:39:10 AM »
Hello Caroline,

I am sorry to hear about all your struggles.  My first question is whether you are still seeking professional help for your anxiety and depression.  If you feel that you are sinking back to where things used to be, now would be the time to go for help in order to not get back to that lowest point.  I would also encourage therapy.  I know how overwhelming it can all be. Getting into therapy to both learn techniques to cope and maybe get to the core of what is leading to your issues is so incredibly helpful.  You are not an outcast and I am sure your family loves you very much.  However they may not completely understand the anxiety if they do not suffer from it, and that is what makes this site such an amazing tool. I hope it can help you as it has helped me to find people who understand and make you feel less alone.

So please let me say, welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: