Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anemia and colon cancer--again!  (Read 1396 times)

Offline nabila12

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anemia and colon cancer--again!
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 02:43:39 PM »
I forgot to mention that I have also lost nearly 50lbs since August 2012, the time when I was first diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia. However, I think most of the weight loss can be attributed to anxiety, as the weight loss comes in spurts and seems to only happen when I am in a place of great anxiety and not eating as much as I once was. I am now down to a healthy weight, as I was nearing the obesity marker before the weight loss began, so it is not as if I am skin an bones. Just another piece to add to the puzzle.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 06:31:16 PM »
You may have a polyp or it could be diet. Safe thing to just get it checked.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nabila12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 03:20:24 PM »
I am a wedding this weekend and I am having hard time thinking maybe this will be the last wedding I live to see, though I worried that last summer when my sister got married. Right after my anemia diagnosis, as my colon cancer fear took full hold, I was so scared that I wouldn't live to see her get married, but I did. Now I worry that I may not live to see her have kids and grow in her burgeoning law career.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline nabila12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2014, 11:04:06 PM »
Trying to stay sane until Friday when I see my GI to ask if he think I need a colonoscopy. So worried I have unwittingly let colon cancer fester in my body for two years!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 08:47:50 AM »
PUSH FOR THE COLONOSCOPY!!!!! I feared colon cancer for 15 months. It was pure hell living that way. I was never anemic (hem was 13.8 in April) but I would have visible periodic bright red blood on my stool. Only small amounts but it was there. I lived in a state of panic. I have suffered from severe HA since childhood but this was by far the worst. I finally saw a GI in January after a year of the bleeding. I am 26, healthy, perfect blood work, no weight loss end no family history of CC and the first thing she said was colposcopy for investigation. She didn't think I had CC but she thought colitis, hems or polyp. I was so scared to have the scope and I put it off for months. Finally my HA got so bad I couldn't take it anymore. I scheduled the colposcopy and it was so easy. She found a very small barly 1cm polyp in my sigmoid colon and internal hemorrhoids. The polyp was removed and biopsied. It was a hyperplastic polyp which is a 100% completely beign warty like growth that has a less than 1% chance if ever turning to cancer even if left in the colon, but it still bled and she said it actually bled pretty good during removal. I have felt so much better since having that colonoscopy. I do not look at my stools anymore. I went from completely obsessed to total relaxation. I still struggle with my HA but I am working so hard on it. I would think after 2 years of low iron there would be many more symptoms of CC by now. But with the weight loss, vomiting and nausea I would push for the scope. I also had an EGD done for upper gastric pain and nothing was found other than slight redness in an area of the stomach most likely caused by acid. All biopsies were negative.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nabila12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 08:33:05 PM »
Well, there seems to be a real consensus that I should push for a colonoscopy. At this point, my husband is willing to pay for it just to give me piece of mind. Appointment with the GI is this Friday. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long to get a colonoscopy. By the way, I do wonder if I would be really sick and have more symptoms if I had gone two years with undiagnosed, untreated colon cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nabila12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2014, 02:25:55 PM »
Sitting in the GI's office, waiting for him. Feel like I am gonna pass out from fear or maybe just vomit everywhere. Yuck!! :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline nabila12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2014, 02:48:05 PM »
Just saw the doctor. He is gonna do a colonoscopy just to make sure I don't have any internal bleeding causing the anemia, but he said at my age, it would be almost unheard of to go almost two years with colon cancer and have no other symptoms or even still be alive. Colonoscopy scheduled for June 27th.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2014, 08:15:43 PM »
Good luck. I'm sure all will be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: