Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Just need someone to talk some sense into me...  (Read 92 times)

Offline Air Nomad

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just need someone to talk some sense into me...
« on: May 13, 2014, 03:05:03 PM »
A couple weeks ago I was doing something on the floor with my rambunctious toddler, on my hands and knees, and my knee popped and hurt so bad that it startled me and my body jerked a really weird way (this post actually has nothing to do with my knee, lol).  After that, I had a pain in my left arm, from my armpit down the underside of my arm every time I would tense/contract those muscles.  I figured I must have done something when I was on the floor with my son since it started RIGHT after that.

Well, over the course of almost two weeks it pretty much went away.  I think I could still vaguely feel it, but a normal person probably wouldn't have noticed.  Yesterday I thought of it again and the big bad wolf of anxiety cropped up and said, "Hey, let's just test it out just to be sure that it's really gone."  I didn't feel anything at all pretty much but for some totally crazy reason I kept on doing it, thinking it must still be there I'm just not doing it right.  LOL, just writing this makes me feel like a loon.  All day yesterday and today I kept tensing my arm and now **GASP, shocker** it's hurting again.  Of course it seems obvious that it hurts only because I've been testing it the past day or two but my looney-bin mind is worried that, "No, it never went away, there's something wrong there and that's why it's hurting."  I'm afraid now that by testing I have actually made it much worse and compressed nerves or lymphnodes in my armpit because my left hand feels kinda weird now too.  So I know I need to stop but it's like I just can't. 

Ugh, yikes someone help me.  Tell me to stop.  My husband is so sick of this (I don't blame him) so I can't ask him.  Is this just from the testing it over and over or could something be wrong, like a tumor in my armpit?
Bookmark and Share
Sokka: "Do you want me to be like you or be totally honest?"
Katara: "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
Sokka: "No, I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing really."
(This is me and my husband to a tee)

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just need someone to talk some sense into me...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 03:24:32 PM »
 :action-smiley-065:  It's obviously muscle strain, and your repeatedly "testing" it is aggravating already inflammed muscles and tendons. I know what you're going through, because I'll do the same exact thing.  Also, there are many delicate fibers and muscles between the ribs, shoulders that can feel sore / tender long after a pull.  Doesn't sound ANYTHING like a lymph problem... that would be accompanied by other symptoms which I will not mention here (because you'll end up thinking you have them lol).  Stop testing the area and promise yourself that you will do 5 things:  1) Take Advil or Motrin  2) Use alternating heat/ice-pack on the area tonight 3) sleep on the opposite side or on your back tonight and 4) completely stop stretching / testing / poking this area for a full 24 hours, and 5) Drink plenty of water to loosen any lactic acid.   I PROMISE you will notice an improvement by this time tomorrow.  (BTW, the nerves in your arms and shoulders extend to the hands and can cause numbness / tingling... that is why I said to sleep on the opposite side or on your back tonight to give that area a break).  Be well :)
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline Air Nomad

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just need someone to talk some sense into me...
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 06:21:08 PM »
Thank you, NytViolet.  It feels more like a nerve or tendon thing than muscular, it goes right from the inside of my armpit down the underside of my arm.  But what you said was right of course - stop testing it and let it rest.  I guess it just freaked me out about a lymph thing since it is directly in my armpit down my arm.  But it only hurts if I move a certain way, like I said.  Trying to convince myself it's nothing since it just about went away until I started aggravating it.  But you know how it goes - even if it hurts by my own doing, I start worry simply because it hurts again.  Such a crazy cycle.  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share
Sokka: "Do you want me to be like you or be totally honest?"
Katara: "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
Sokka: "No, I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing really."
(This is me and my husband to a tee)

Tags: