Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: GAD?  (Read 68 times)

Offline lookingforthelight25

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
GAD?
« on: May 13, 2014, 02:32:55 AM »
i sometimes get confused as to what my diagnosis is .... i have constant repetitive obsessive thoughts... i have been diagnosed GAD but idk if it may be more than that. i wake up every day and all that runs through my head is thoughts about my anxiety and if i can get out of this mindset im in... my mind has become obsessed with it and its unfortuantely really all i can think about.  idk if the obsessive part has anything to do with OCD which i dont think it does because i dont have any compulsions.... i have just become so lost in my mind in the past 2 and 1/2 years that i'm so confused as to what the hell is wrong with me.... the constant racing thoughts are causing me to become depressed.. also. does this sound  like just GAD with depression? i feel depersonalized quite alot too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: GAD?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 05:28:15 AM »
Oh I wouldn't place much on the names of the various types of anxiety. They all cover a lot more than just anxiety. Only you would know if you were depressed. But the two can go hand in hand. With some people the depression can lift after a time. With others it might lift if their anxiety improves. In other words they were only depressed because the anxiety stopped them doing things. I do think most people have a little bit of everything. Just because they put us in a group with a label like agoraphobic or GAD that doesn't mean that is all we have. It can be up to us to tell the doctor how we feel. Get them to accept we might have extra and begin to get help in other areas if we think we need it.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags:

anything