Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: ALS scare  (Read 460 times)

Offline madmexican808

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: ALS scare
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 05:12:26 PM »
ALS moves FAST. Muscle wasting would show as in you would start dragging a foot, be unable to pick up a coffee mug, and the muscles would be noticeably smaller on one arm or leg.  I get cramps all the time (legs, stomach muscles, jaw) but it's usually dehydration or I need a vitamin.  Twitches and cramps are very common.

so my forearm sort of tightening is nothing to worry about? seems to stop and come sometimes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 08:17:55 PM »
ALS moves FAST. Muscle wasting would show as in you would start dragging a foot, be unable to pick up a coffee mug, and the muscles would be noticeably smaller on one arm or leg.  I get cramps all the time (legs, stomach muscles, jaw) but it's usually dehydration or I need a vitamin.  Twitches and cramps are very common.

This kind of sparked my ALS fears a bit. I have noticably smaller muscles on my left arm, even my wrist and hand are significantly smaller. On top of that I fatigue super easily in that arm, and have actual weakness compared to my right arm. I was given a diagnosis of functional symptoms and have realy bad HOCD/GAD, but could that realy account for the size difference in arms?

P.s. sorry fir hijacking thread
Bookmark and Share
There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.

- Dante Alighieri

Offline madmexican808

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2014, 01:01:04 PM »

being an athlete in a full contact sport, I would think the soreness I been getting this week is from als.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: