Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Dealing with a break up  (Read 196 times)

Offline oasis

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Dealing with a break up
« on: May 12, 2014, 10:29:32 AM »
Hello everyone. My boyfriend of over two years broke up with me yesterday, due to unknown reasons. Recently he had been very on and off with his emotions one day saying his life would be rubbish without me and that he loves me and the next him acting like i didn't mean anything to him. He had been recently been dealing with depression over things he wouldn't tell me and is also moving country in 12 weeks. When we broke up I tried to call him but his friend answered and  was very unpleasant. I am very confused and hurt over how someone who I believe truly does love me could leave me again.

I am finding it extremely difficult to cope as i have the stress  of the breakup and my the beginning of my exams on friday.  Thanks to the breakup i cannot eat due to a lack of appetite and revising is very difficult because my lack of concentration. I do also have GAD, which is not helping either. I just needed  to get this off of my mind and wonder if anyone could give any advice with how to cope.
Bookmark and Share

Offline camel

• Rec's: 83
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dealing with a break up
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 11:24:04 AM »
I am sorry to hear what you are going through. It can be really tough. From my experience of being dumped from a 7 year relationship in the middle of my worst anxiety I can relate. I can tell you that things will definitely get better. Life can get so good again. You just have to go through the not so fun part you are at right now.
One thing I suggest is that you allow yourself to feel your emotions and go through them. Don't try to deny them or push them down or you will just prolong the pain and probably be more anxious. So if you are sad, then feel sad; cry, punch pillows, scream into pillows. Do what you feel is right. Feel what you need to.

In the meantime please try and eat and exercise. It will help so much. Even if you just eat small snacks throughout the day and exercise in small bursts. And please don't turn to alcohol or drugs to numb the pain. That will NOT work in the long term and will only serve to mess things up more.

Please keep me posted on how you are doing. You can and WILL get through this and you will be just fine
Bookmark and Share

Offline oasis

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 12:13:23 PM »
Thank you for the reply and good advice! Eating is very difficult right now but hopefully it will improve. However trying not to contact him is the worst part, since we used to talk 24/7. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline camel

• Rec's: 83
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 06:35:14 PM »
Yeah I understand about the contact part. Try keep busy with other things like hobbies and talking to friends. I hope you feel better soon
Bookmark and Share

Tags: