Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So many worries, only 24 hours in a day...  (Read 180 times)

Offline crazymommy

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So many worries, only 24 hours in a day...
« on: May 12, 2014, 10:03:50 AM »
I am having one of those days where there are several symptoms bothering me, all indicating different diseases. In some ways, I prefer this feeling to the one where there is one big symptom that points to one scary thing. But today it's overwhelming me, I don't even know where to direct my worrying or what I'm on here asking anyone .... I guess just commiserating with others feels better! I'm on breast cancer lately, or brain tumor, or some kind of spinal tumor. I think the breast cancer is scaring me most, I have some breast pain that comes and goes. If I'm being honest, it's mostly not there. I get an occasional twinge. But it's only one side and  hyper focused on it now so it's making me nuts.
If it's only occasional EVEN when I'm so focused on it(as in a mild pang once an hour or so), can I see that as a good sign?  I have my annual gyn visit June 6 and I'll certainly mention it then... But does anyone see this as alarming enough to call before then?  It's taking over a little.

I seem more able to squash the brain tumor worry on my own. This breast cancer one keeps coming back :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: So many worries, only 24 hours in a day...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 11:43:55 AM »
You can wait until June 6... in fact I think it is absolutely NOTHING at all if you have no other symptoms of the breast.   Everything from puberty hormones to PMS hormones to menopause (lack of) hormones could cause it, along with some medications, tiny cysts that all women get mostly before their period.  Seriously breast pain isn't a sign of cancer.  I guess it could be at the end stages, but you'd KNOW you were at the end stages!

I recall in my early 20's my breast was real sore if I'd take my arm and press on the front of it!  It was sore for weeks!   I don't recall what it was but it went away.

I totally understand where you are coming from with all those different worries!  Then somehow I try to put them all together to MAKE one big scary thing (ie:  Mucus in stool, chill in leg, heart palpitations)  I think, "Maybe all 3 together are symptoms of SOMETHING and it just doesn't come up all together on one site!")  Of course I know I'm being really stupid.  It's funny, my daughter just came to me the other day and pointed to the side of her breast and told me it hurts once in a while and maybe it's cancer.   Now WHERE did she ever get ideas like this?  Hmmmm? :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazymommy

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 10:25:48 AM »
Sunlover - I must have missed this yesterday, thanks for the reply!  I think exactly the same thing - that there's some kind of other illness I haven't even thought to worry about that has ALL my symptoms and I'm just going to kick myself for not finding it. 

I am about to turn 40.  My doctor will be giving me a script for my first mammogram at my appointment in June.  I have a MASSIVE fear of tests and waiting for results.  Subconsciously, I almost wonder if that fear is causing this pain. 

Ugh.  If people in my real life knew how crazy I am in my head, I think they would be shocked!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 12:20:33 PM »
LOL! ;D
I think the same thing, if people only KNEW my convoluted messed up thoughts!  My FAMILY knows but that's about it.

And I am with you on tests! I won't even go to a doctor if it's something I think he may use that 4 letter word with me.   (T.E.S.T.)  If it's a test that I could get immediate results I'm not that bad with it - I MAY consider, but having to wait???   No way.
I wait and see if it gets worse and it never does.  ONE day something will of course, and I keep telling myself, "You will KNOW when something is wrong, you won't have to be guessing and LOOKING for things!"

And your fear definitely could be causing pain!  I had pain in my stomach for 13 months every single day, and finally decided I HAD to go see a doctor because even though it wasn't bad and it wasn't progressing, the worry was eating me alive.   I got immediate results - that NOTHING was wrong.  That afternoon the pain went away and never came back.

I even worry when something is GOOD.  For instance I had been on blood pressure medication since 1998, finally last summer my BP started going way too low, so I went off it - my blood pressure reverted back to normal after FIFTEEN years (and no, I didn't change my diet, I didn't lose weight, my stress level is actually WORSE now...) so then I started googling, "causes of low blood pressure" and coming up with some bad things and I thought, "Well if my BP is supposed to be high and now it's NORMAL that must mean that some disease is bringing it down!"  And NO doctor has an answer as to why that would happen!  That makes things worse when a DOCTOR is puzzled! B-;
Bookmark and Share

Tags: