Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Introduction/Questions about Viibryd!!!  (Read 100 times)

Offline mblair

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Introduction/Questions about Viibryd!!!
« on: May 11, 2014, 11:44:41 AM »
Hello Everyone!  :action-smiley-065:

I used to be on Anxiety Zone many years ago (7 or 8 I would say!) and I loved it. At the time I was suffering severely with panic disorder and agoraphobia. All my life (I am 29 now) I have suffered from terrible anxiety issues. Off and on it has gotten to the point of being unable to go out in public due to horrible panic attacks. As you all know that is what leads to the agoraphobia. I have been homebound several times in my life. Well, for about 6 years now I have been on Celexa. The best drug I have been on... as I have been able to lead an almost completely normal life. I married a wonderful man, started a successful business and have been able to go out, travel etc etc.  I would still have occasional issues as the medicine isnt a 100% cure all. But it was good.

Fast forward to this past November. Out of the blue I started having issues again. The panic when out in public situations was starting up. I was of course completely confused as to what would just suddenly cause this to start happening. Afterall, I had been doing so well for 6 years!! Well, things continued to get worse over the course of the next few months and it was really starting to affect my daily life. Then started the middle of the night panic attacks. It was happening almost every night. After that started a feeling of being unbalanced/dizzy and just buzzing with anxiety.

I finally went back to my Dr. (which was VERY difficult) and she listened to everything that I told her...and concluded that the Celexa had stopped being effective for me. Im not sure why it never crossed my mind that eventually I might become immune to the drug? I was on 40mg so going up on the dosage wasnt an option.

She recommended a newer drug called Viibryd. She said it has been giving people with panic disorder and such amazing results. Now, I have been on just about every antidepressant under the sun. Celexa is the only one that has worked well. I have had nightmare issues with some of the others (especially Paxil!!)

So here I am 6 days into my new medicine. The doctor took me from 40mg of Celexa to 20mg for a few days and then 10mg one day and then started in with the Viibryd. The reason she did it so fast according to her was because it was no longer effective and I was in such bad shape. So I started at 10mg for the first few days and the withdrawals from the celexa were unbearable. Brain zaps, dizziness, weak, faint, sick as heck!! Completely unable to go out or do anything. I called her and let her know about the withdrawals being so terrible. So she told me to go ahead and up my dose to the 20mg.

I am still feeling god aweful with anxiety buzzing feelings throughout my body, super tired, fatigued etc. The panic attacks in the night have stopped and I am now able to go out somewhat but not very much yet without having the overwhelming panic feeling. The brain zaps are getting a little bit better.

So here is my question (finally haha!) For those of you who have been tapered off another drug and started Viibryd what was your experience like?

I am having:

A constant buzzing feeling through my body and tremors slightly.
At night I am unable to sleep because I have terrible buzzing restless leg feelings throughout my entire body!!!! I havent been able to sleep for then 3 hours at night.
Nausea

My main issue is...is this still from coming of the Celexa or is it side effects of starting this new medicine? AND will these side effects go away??

My MAIN problem is the buzzing restless leg feeling throughout my entire body at night. I normally sleep like a baby for 10 hours a night! This is driving me insane.  :traurig001:

Now, I have been taking the Viibryd at night before bed. That is when I took my Celexa so I figured I would do the same with this drug. Is it a problem where if I take it in the morning I wouldnt have the sleep problem?

I am going to ask my Dr. about this if it continues (I go back in in 3 weeks anyway) but I would LOVE to hear someone that has had this issue and gotten past it. I NEED this drug to work. I want my life back again and I cant afford to lose my business.

Sorry, this was so long but I wanted to be detailed so I can get accurate answers! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 100
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introduction/Questions about Viibryd!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 06:26:08 PM »
Im not sure why it never crossed my mind that eventually I might become immune to the drug?

Antidepressant poop-out does sometimes happen. The SSRIs are more likely to do so than the SNRIs and tricyclics, though it is still uncommon.

So here I am 6 days into my new medicine. The doctor took me from 40mg of Celexa to 20mg for a few days and then 10mg one day and then started in with the Viibryd. The reason she did it so fast according to her was because it was no longer effective and I was in such bad shape.

The SSRIs can be switched overnight.

I called her and let her know about the withdrawals being so terrible. So she told me to go ahead and up my dose to the 20mg.

I think you should be at 40mg and if you were most of your side-effects would ease. Given you were on 40mg of Celexa you might even need to go higher, but by how much is hard to judge because of the extra Buspar like compound in Viibryd (BTW-it's too late now, but it is possible that adding Buspar to the Celexa would have kick started it again).

My main issue is...is this still from coming of the Celexa or is it side effects of starting this new medicine? AND will these side effects go away??

I think it's withdrawal because of the current mismatch between the Celexa and Viibryd doses. It should go away once you're on an equivalent dose.

Now, I have been taking the Viibryd at night before bed. That is when I took my Celexa so I figured I would do the same with this drug. Is it a problem where if I take it in the morning I wouldnt have the sleep problem?

Taking it in the morning shouldn't be a problem, but whether it will significantly aid sleep is harder to predict. You're going to have to try it.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: