Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Please help ...............  (Read 160 times)

Offline prabhatsharmalnct

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Please help ...............
« on: May 11, 2014, 01:54:11 AM »
Hi ,

I suffered a panic attack a day after i drank a lot ...which was 8 weeks ago .   Since then i have been on .25 mg clonazepam a day(which i takes as half in morning and half b4 sleep) . i have started tapering clonazepam 1 week ago by taking only half before sleep ( and i havent had any panic attacks since).

Now for the past 2 days i have been experiencing dizziness , stifness in nose , difficulty concentrating , and all these symptoms go worse after 7 pm. Now before i got my first panic attack , i was dieting and exercising . I normally did not ate anything in morning till evening and after i exercised i ate or i got drunk. This went on for 3 months and after 2 months ( ie., 1 month before panic attack) i started feeling dizzy and tingling in my feet and palm for few days in weeks , which generally got better after exercise .

After i was diagnosed with GAD , i got myself tested for blood sugar(fasting and pp) , vitamin b12 , vitamin d3 , stress echo etc . Only vitamin d3 was a lil bit low and rest all was fine .
I would also like to tell u that my diet mainly involves of white bread and white rice and as soon as i eat something i get jittery . I dont drink anymore (since i had panic attack i quit drinking) . I am also taking CBT .

Please someone suggest me , what should i do further to get better ? :spineyes: :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please help ...............
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 05:29:06 AM »
The CBT will help you out. You simple have to learn methods of coping. You have the skills. We all do. You just have to learn how to use them. Bit like riding a bike. Once your learn you never forget. Made need a little bit of practice if you have not been on a bike in years. So you are starting at the basics all over again. Just take it one step at a time. No jumping ahead of yourself. You will learn as you go along. Dare I say with anxiety and people it is like they forget how to live and have to be taught all over again. That is what the CBT will teach you. Take you time. Do things right. You will get there in the end.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 01:58:14 PM »
It helps to educate yourself on the biological causes of panic attacks.  The tingling in the extremities feeling is sometime caused by taking short shallow breaths (hyperventilation) . 
Bookmark and Share

Offline prabhatsharmalnct

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 02:15:10 AM »
I have stopped taking medication now .... i am self treating myself a bit .... Just bought Suntheanine supplement and green tea. I am also getting more in sunlight because i read a research which mentioned sun exposure is linked to high serotonin production.

By the way , my anxiety really seems to get away after eating something sugary . But it comes back after an hour or so .
Bookmark and Share

Tags: