Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: GAD relative to constant tachycardia?  (Read 228 times)

Offline andyinfear

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
GAD relative to constant tachycardia?
« on: May 10, 2014, 06:34:21 PM »
I've been waking up feeling super anxious and stressed. Blurred/dizzy vision. Kind of like a foggy feeling. Rapid heart rate from 100 - 130. And that heart rate seems to last for about 10 - 12 hours. And it's caused me to worry about my heart. Thinking something is seriously wrong. I've become scared to do just about anything. Including leaving the house. After those 10 hours, I tend to feel better. Not always or completely. But, on average.

Is this a normal thing for anxiety sufferers? And, what can I do to at the very least reduce these feelings?

I've changed my diet. I'm eating healthier. Trying to get the correct amount of sleep. And trying to get more exercise in my daily life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cheesus

• Rec's: 34
  • Ha-Hum
    • Poke This Member
Re: GAD relative to constant tachycardia?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 08:34:30 PM »
I think you need to go and speak with your GP, if nothing else to get some reassurance and probably some beta-blockers. It could easily be anxiety but I don't think it's a good thing to be tachycardic for 12 hours on a daily basis.

It sounds like your morning cortisol is sky high. This can be due to a number of issues. Perhaps seek a functional medicine practitioner.
Bookmark and Share
You can't calm the waves, but you can learn to surf!

Basis of Recovery
Intrusive Thoughts
A Philosophy of Anxiety

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 08:35:21 PM »
Is there something that is causing you to be stressed?  My heart did the same thing for about 10 hours at my father in laws funeral 4 years ago.  It wasn't the passing of him that caused it---it was many things over the course of six months that stressed me out so bad I began to have those physical symptoms.  I was worried about my heart too, but I don't think my heart rate was high for any other reason than that I was anxious and stressed out.  And I don't think that sort of thing can cause damage in any way.  The heart is just reacting as it should, to the increase in adrenaline.

Take care :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline andyinfear

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 10:35:42 PM »
My stress is causing my stress. It's like a dog chasing it's own tail.  And I'm constantly worried about my health. Too afraid to go anywhere. I'm 26 and have no history of heart troubles in my family. But, I can't help but worry when it's consistently so high. And that's why it's probably so high.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 10:54:20 PM »
Anxiety causes such fears annoyingly frequently. Sometimes even the opposite. I have a slower than normal heart rate, and my anxiety makes me think its a problem. So I go and check my pulse which is stupid, because the anxiety makes it increase slightly. so when i check and see its wrong, it decreases, which scares me, which increases my heart rate... Well you see where this is going.

The point is, you're definitely not the only one with those problems. Horrible though they may be, I don't think its anything dangerous. Of course, as others have suggested it might be best to get checked just for peace of mind. I did, and that's why I know no matter how scary it gets, im actually okay. Its a big help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline andyinfear

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 02:15:17 AM »
Being on here scares me more.. hah. I wouldn't wish anxiety on my worst enemy. I know I need to see a doctor, I know what I have to do. I'm just too scared to do anything. I'm like everyone else that had GAD or some sort of panic disorder. We try to avoid situations that may cause more stress, panic and anxiety. Doctors freak most everyone out. Waiting makes everyone anxious. Well, just about everyone. And people like us get anxious over a lot of unusual things. I'm scared. I don't want to be.. but, I am. I need to get over this. All of this. I need help. I just don't know where to look or what to do.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: