Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: AHHHH!!!! DAMN THIS *****! Traffic and travel  (Read 204 times)

Offline danman

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
AHHHH!!!! DAMN THIS *****! Traffic and travel
« on: May 09, 2014, 08:37:45 PM »
Idk lately when I travel and especially if I'm a passenger,  and there's just miles of nothing, I start to freak out. I'm on remeron30 mg and valuim 2mg. Nothing helps when I see a long road with nothing. I never used to be this way. Traffic also. I want to jump out and run. Sadly if I can't control it with 4 or 5 low dose valuim I have a glass of wine and I'm ok. I know it's self medicating. But if I bring it up and no one understands it makes it all worse.. I'm just venting!
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: AHHHH!!!! DAMN THIS *****! Traffic and travel
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 08:58:13 PM »
Hi Dan, and welcome to Anxiety Zone!  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site.

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Dan, I realize that you are new to the site, and this is your first post, so I don't have much to go on in regard to your history.  I do want to share with you, some food for thought.

My initial problem with anxiety/panic disorder and panic attacks, started some 4-5 years ago.  I was also placed on 30 mg of Remeron.  This anti-depressant worked extremely well for me, to a point that I returned to 100% of my former self.  Then, a year ago, I started having breakthrough panic attack.  These slowly progressed until I had 24/7 anxiety.

What occurred is that the Remeron had stopped working for me.  Remeron has a major history for just up and "pooping-out" on people, and I don't mean simple referring to anti-depressants, but to "all" medications.  With what you are demonstrating, I have to wonder if the Remeron has become ineffective for you as well.

My Psychiatrist tried upping my Remeron dose to the maximum of 45 mg, and it still did nothing.  She elected to put me on Celexa, A SSRI anti-depressant.  I have been on the Celexa for a little over 5 months now, I would would say that I am 90% better, with many windows of feeling completely normal.

I highly suggest you see your physician, or even better, make an appointment to see a psychiatrist.  Psychiatrists are medical doctors that specialize in mental health, and they are the experts with anti-depressant, medication therapy.

Again, welcome to Anxiety Zone, Dan.  The very best to you!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline danman

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 09:09:56 PM »
Thanks for the reply! Yes I believe we build tolerance to these meds. I've been thinking of celxia as a add on. I do see a psychiatrist.  I seem to fine around people it's when I get out of my comfort zone these panics starts. Or on the road the " what ifs" start and escalate to panic. I scream inside Because I don't want any one to know in fear it'll get worse.  I'll talk with my psychiatrist.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Global Moderator
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 09:23:09 PM »
Hi Dan...  I'm glad that sharing my experience, was able to help you.

I wanted to point out to you that we really don't build-up a tolerance to anti-depressants like we would, say to a narcotic, pain medication.  With Remeron, it is unknown as to why it suddenly stops working for people, and as I pointed out, when it stops working, it "stops" working.  An increase in the Remeron does nothing.  This can occur with other anti-depressants, but that occurrence is very rare.  With Remeron, it is the norm.

I am so glad to hear that you see a psychiatrist.  I won't trade mine for all the tea in China, and you can throw-in Great Britain too...  LOL! :laugh3:

If I can be of further help, just let me know.

The very best to you, Dan!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline danman

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 03:07:28 PM »
So do you take remeron and celxia?  Or just selexia?
Bookmark and Share

Offline danman

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 03:11:18 PM »
Also I think I have ptsd. In year 2000 my then wife was sleeping with a 12 y.o. and we had a 8 y.o. son together.  I never saw it coming.  Once I saw the signs and a little evidence I turned her in. She got 10 years. But I just held my head high and marched forward with my son. I think this was the beginning of my disorders.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Global Moderator
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 08:02:44 PM »
Hi Dan...

Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your marriage.  I can't even imagine.  If you are suffering with PTSD, Dan, I can sure understand why.

My Psychiatrist kept me on the 30 mg of Remeron, and just added 20 mg of Celexa to it.  I had been on the Remeron for a good 3 1/2 years, and although it had obviously stopped working for me on certain receptors, she felt it was still working for me on others (Remeron being an NaSSA anti-depressant, and Celexa being an SSRI one).  The combination of the two are working extremely well for me.

I hope that you will be able to get in and see your psychiatrist soon.

Te very best to you, Dan!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline danman

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 09:38:42 PM »
Thanks! Yes the remeron 30mg. Does help me sleep good! That's one thing I love about it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: