Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain tumor worry  (Read 229 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain tumor worry
« on: May 09, 2014, 01:58:04 PM »
My current fear/worry/obsession is having a brain tumor. I get headaches, sometimes in the morning upon waking. Mostly in the back of my head and neck (which I know is common with tension headaches) but I'll also get sharp pains on the top left side if my head.

Sometimes they get worse when I go to a standing position and sometimes with exercise. These are all symptoms of a brain tumor headache.

In March I experienced 2 separate episodes of déjà vu.

On Monday night I went to sleep and shortly after falling asleep I woke up and for about 15-20 seconds couldn't remember who was in the bed next to me. Obviously it was my husband (who else would it be?) but for 15-20 seconds I was trying to remember and I couldn't.

I also feel like my balance is off. Like I need to hold onto something when walking. Almost like I'm floating.

I had a CT scan of my brain back in January of 2012 which was normal, but that was over two years ago.

I'm very scared of a brain tumor.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain tumor worry
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 03:00:43 PM »
I've seriously just experienced déjà vu 3 times today. I'm freaking out! I saw my doctor today but I've definitely worn out my welcome at his office and I don't feel that he took me seriously :-( I'm so scared!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 04:10:33 PM »
I've also been experiencing hyping jerks more frequently before falling asleep :-(
Bookmark and Share

Offline AthenaNY

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 05:22:20 PM »
What did the doctor say?

I don't think you have a brain tumor... my friend is an ER doctor and she told me that brain tumors with morning headaches are really severe, like you can't lift your head up.  They also don't respond to meds like Advil, etc.

Brain tumors are just so, so rare.  I have been afraid of them in the past because I get periodic spells of vertigo but it was always nothing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 05:29:13 PM »
Dr said its anxiety. He did a neuro test on me - looked into eyes with light instrument, reflexes, strength, ect
Bookmark and Share

Offline yesyesno

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 08:55:20 PM »
I have the same brain tumor worry, even after a recent CT scan and MRI of brain.  I have head issues (mine is more of a pressure), jerking at rest, and many more symptoms.  I know once I read that BTs create morning headaches I started noticing when my head hurt in the morning.  But in actuality, my head issues are more random.  Plus, there are plenty of other causes of morning headaches/exertion headaches.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: