Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I lied. This *** fear is the absolute worst.  (Read 314 times)

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
I lied. This *** fear is the absolute worst.
« on: May 08, 2014, 04:06:49 PM »
By now you probably know the background information. I'm still having right-sided stiffness (4 weeks) and general cramping/twitching (ascended upward over 2 weeks, hard jerks have mostly abated leaving the extremely unsettling small twitches). Mostly in my right leg. I still cannot find 'true' weakness only 'perceived'. Clean EMG a week after twitching began; I cannot remember how many sticks, I think 4 on my left side. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I think I'll have to schedule another neuro appointment. Also, oddly, I can't stop burping/feeling reflux and tripping over my words. 

If I can just be sure it isn't ***, I'll most certainly begin anti-anxiety medication, but first I HAVE to know. I always feel the twitches, even though I cannot always see them. I'unno. This is another desperate plea for some kind of information that might kill this monstrous fear.

One redemptive thing I've been experiencing is that the fear is worst in the morning. Which I've come to learn is anxiety-based. So I have some objective evidence that I am having 'subconscious' anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Poke This Member
Re: I lied. This *** fear is the absolute worst.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 04:19:25 PM »
I wanted to add I haven't noticed any deficit in my arm or leg ability/mobility/strength, the feeling just causes me to not want to use either. I am still able to maintain my usual typing speed, but typing quickly causes pains in the corners of my wrist. I am also right-handed. If it were just my hand I would consider Carpal Tunnel, but my leg feels similar and it is unnerving.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 04:23:00 PM »
And, shortly before the twitching began, I had a consult with 4 neurologists, who also checked for weakness (this started with a burning paresthesia 6 weeks ago that has resolved itself), as well as my GP. I honestly do think if I had an a clean EMG on my right side I'd stop obsessing. Or another exam by a neuro who was informed about my fears and could address them.

I just want this to stop really, really badly. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline abbypoo

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 07:55:22 PM »
I HAD SOMETHING LIKE THIS! Electrical shocks, twitching, annoying feelings all in my body. My feet felt like they were constantly asleep. What I did was lay down and relax every inch of my body and listen to something calming. It tends to help, especially before you sleep at night. Just calm down and keep yourself around your loved ones, maybe they will keep your mind off it. You will be OKAY.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 03:36:14 PM »
It is primarily the stiffness that concerns me as I don't know if it's actually weak or just stiff. I've been playing with the idea of possibly having sciatica or a herniated disc, or both and maybe Carpal Tunnel/Cubital Syndrome in my arm. I still have yet to find any 'true' weakness. Usually *** advances quite far in a limb before it's noticed in others. And this morning I did actually have a shooting pain in my leg that I hadn't previously experienced -- although it only lasted a second. Another concerning thing is this twitch I have in my foot, but I can't feel it. I don't notice any weakness in the area. I know spinal issues like a herniated disc can account for twitching and I know if I were to actually have *** then mine would be atypical which is exceedingly rare; especially in my age-group (22).
Bookmark and Share

Tags: