Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I am absolutely terrified about Rabies  (Read 302 times)

Offline 247alldayanxious

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I am absolutely terrified about Rabies
« on: May 08, 2014, 08:51:23 AM »
I have 5 dogs and have dogs all my life but I just started getting really paranoid about rabies. I barely even go near my dogs. Whenever I touch them, I go through many amounts of water, soap, sanitizer and alcohol. Despite 3 of them having vaccines (the two are still 4 month old pups that can only get vaccines in two more months).

So now I am really scared about this: despite it being really irrational but like what I said, I am really scared and paranoid about it.  :( :( :( Just an hour ago, I was feeding one of my 4 month old pups. Just so you know, the mother is also my pet. Anyway, I was kneeling infront of it while our maid's son is playing with it and the dog is facing me. I was talking with our maid from what I remember and I suddenly felt like a REALLY small bubble of saliva at the roof of my mouth and I started PANICKING, thinking that it might be from my dog. It dissolved into my mouth and I involuntarily swallowed it. I started panicking more! My pup didn't sneeze or open her mouth (from what I remember) and I think: how can her saliva fly into my mouth, right? She's so tiny and I'm kneeling and I'm still tall but I am still so paranoid about it! She's still acting normal and eating a lot, drinking lots of water and being her normal self but I am, of course, paranoid and anxious about it. Please do help me with this. I'm terrified of getting rabies, I get attacks from it: my chest constricts, I have a hard time breathing, I get lightheaded when I overthink about it. Will I get rabies? Please do help me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: I am absolutely terrified about Rabies
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 05:59:52 AM »
This is all in your mind. Your dogs would have to have come into contact with some other animal that had rabies to become infected. It is not something that just springs out of the air. There are only certain ways that they catch such a thing. As for the bubble in your throat? Nothing at all. Your mind racing with thoughts is all that was. You would know if your dogs were infected. They would not be acting like normal dogs. They would be a wee bit more savage like. This is just mind playing tricks on you. I do be around dogs a good bit. Any kind of illness and you would be fully aware of it. From how they react. They would no longer be cute and fluffy and fun to play with if they were infected.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline 247alldayanxious

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 10:21:52 AM »
Thank you. My mind is at ease somehow. I should stop googling things. It makes matter worse. Thank you once again.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline mindhop

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 11:04:41 PM »
Yes, googling can be both wonderful and disasterous. But when the brain is playing tricks it often just promts the mind to be even more creative. It can be a challenge to refrain that's for sure!
Bookmark and Share