Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared to take klonopin,will it help,should I take it,advice please  (Read 359 times)

Offline Shan1983

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So last night was really intense,panic was so severe and just wouldn't go away,I have klonopin but am terrified to take it cause I'm worries it will make me feel high or make the panic worse,I hear any people say it helped them so much,can anyone share their thoughts to calm me down about taking it
Bookmark and Share
Constant anxiety and panic,,it's horrible but makes you a very strong person depending how you look at it

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
To me it is the best of the Benzos out there. I have taken it for a few years now. Never felt high at any time at all. I take 3mg a day. No side effects at all. It is a slower acting form of medication. Not an instant kick in effect like Xanax would have. Would take longer to work. Loads of people are frightened first time out with new medication. But then they find out it does them no harm at all. Is meant only to help you out.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Shan1983

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thank you so much for your reply,,you really helped me feel at ease about taking it,advice from others that have panic really helps
Bookmark and Share
Constant anxiety and panic,,it's horrible but makes you a very strong person depending how you look at it

Offline sky3942

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I was like you scared to take it. I take 0.5 every morning sometimes at night when the panic is bad. But it does not make you feel high or did not make me. I just noticed a calming effect that's it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LuLu82

• Poke This Member
 Cuchculan, you say you've taken it for a few years daily, did you find it stopped having the same effect after a certain point?
I take it quite often, a few times a week sometimes but not daily.  I save it mostly for days I need to leave my home. 
just curious if you dont mind as the psychiatrist i saw prescribed it daily but I worry it wont work when I need to for the more intense times.

OP, i was nervous to take xanax the first time but it really helped especially during the initial breakdown when I didn't know what was going on.  No high feeling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Shan, I agree with The Lovable Irish Rogue.  Take the klonopin.  It takes about 20 to 30 minutes to kick in, does not make you feel high and there are times when I actually forget about taking it.  It's a good drug, and you need it right now.

Best of luck to you as you recover.

Julie
Bookmark and Share

Offline mama00

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Klonopin is a lifesaver.  I was very scared to take it but it is a miracle drug for me.  It helps me think rationally because it calms the stream of thoughts in my mind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Breathless

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
This med really works. I've taken it before...it helps.
Bookmark and Share
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come." Julius Caesar

Tags: