Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety worsens my asthma? anyone here had asthma/asthmatic?  (Read 118 times)

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Hi there. I had severe to moderate asthma ever since i was a kid and my asthma has been absent and mild during my middle high school years and early college years and as of now my asthma attacks came back again. My ashtma has been really bothering me and seems to be only nebulizer gives me a reflief from wheezing and coughing. I also have pleghm.

Does uncontrollable and unmanageable anxiety and stress can only worsen my asthma? Anyone here had asthma?

Please i could use some reassurances from all of you. Usually i get the asthma attack during mornings and night abd i will not getting any relief if i do not use my nebulizer. I am also taking ventolin.
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety worsens my asthma? anyone here had asthma/asthmatic?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 10:33:59 AM »
Anyone here had asthma or any idea the connection between asthma and anxiety?
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety worsens my asthma? anyone here had asthma/asthmatic?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 08:59:05 PM »
Hi there! I have allergy induced asthma and my allergies have been HORRIFIC, which in turn makes my asthma pretty severe lately. I'm on cingulair, claritan, neb treatments,rescue inhaler and benedryl when needed. It does trigger my anxiety alot. And the worst part is I smoke (really stupid I know!). I've been trying to cut down to quit soon.

sometimes I can't tell the difference between breathlessness from anxiety and my asthma. So sometimes I end up over using my inhaler. Then obviously I het the shakiness, nervousness, and palpitations from the neb and inhaler which in turn causes more anxiety! Uugghh I know how you feel.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: