Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Allergies & brain fog/lightheaded/derealization  (Read 330 times)

Offline jwall378

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Allergies & brain fog/lightheaded/derealization
« on: May 07, 2014, 05:39:15 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a correlation between seasonal allergies and lightheadedness/derealization. It seems lately that I'm sort of feeling lightheaded on the right side of my head (sounds strange I know) and kind of "brain-foggy"/derealization. It seems my head is clogged up. I'm thinking it is allergies since the pollen is very high in my area. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
Bookmark and Share
The more we think about things, the worse they get.

"Don't worry, about a thing. 'Cause every little thing's gonna be alright"-Bob Marley

Offline edbrown

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Allergies & brain fog/lightheaded/derealization
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 06:19:01 PM »
I have actually been feeling something pretty similar, so I'm glad we're having the same sensation. Seasonal allergies is a very reasonable explanation to me, and I've trained myself pretty well not to look into it any further. If it's really bothering you you could try picking up some antihistamines at the drug store and see if that clears anything up, I've had luck with that in the past.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 06:28:11 PM »
I was JUST out with my friend this afternoon and she was telling me she is real lightheaded again, sort of woozy and her head feels "stuffy", etc.  And she said, "This seems to happen to me only during allergy season, it has to be my sinuses"  And she DOES get this every time she gets her allergy problems!  I recall her complaining about it each time.  So I think it IS allergies!  In fact I am going to e-mail her and tell her about your post!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 07:47:12 PM »
Yes. It's probably allergies. And naturally, people with anxiety sometimes experience more extreme allergic responses. My allergies have been on the fritz lately, as they have been for other people I know.

As for the brain fog, might be a vitamin deficiency. I've been having a decent amount of memory/concentration problems the past couple months and recently found out I had a moderate vitamin D deficiency (my level was 19, it should be 40-70). I live in Oregon, so we don't get much sun here. Or, again, could just be bad allergies. :P
Bookmark and Share
Generally afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline fhestia

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 10:29:04 PM »
My allergies and my son's allergies have been horrible and we've both been walking around in a fog.  Antihistamines help a little.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worrier1978

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 11:11:19 AM »
I get this, too! The week before Easter I felt like I was in a complete fog & felt lightheaded. I read up on derealization & started crying because it described exactly how I felt. Then on Easter my ears wouldn't pop. They were like that for 2 days, then my sinuses started draining for a few days, then I started to have my normal seasonal allergies symptoms. They're really mild so far, worse with rain (as usual for me). There has got to be a connection....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jewls122

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 04:30:54 PM »
I have felt like this for a few weeks now just recently the symthoms have started to fade but add that to anxiety and OH MY...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: