Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Every day of my life I'm terrified  (Read 334 times)

Offline oscarsshorty04

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Every day of my life I'm terrified
« on: May 07, 2014, 05:36:21 PM »
I've suffered with anxiety / panic attacks for about 10 years on and off but I haven't felt like this in the past 4 years . 2 weeks ago my grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer . I spent a couple days sitting in the hospital with her and got this huge overwhelming fear started shaking felt weak and dizzy and like I was gonna pass out . So I had to call my husband to come and get me . I can barely walk alone bc I feel weak and shaky like I'm going to pass out . If I go out in public I have to hold onto my husband constantly . I've been to the er 2 times had a ct scan of my abdominal area and ultrasound bc I was having nausaua and burning in my stomach and chest along with full blood counts both time everything was normal . I went to my primary car physician last week for anti anxiety meds . The dr put me on celexa which I started last night and dident read the bottle before hand where it said to take a half a pill for a week then take the full 20mg the following week . So I took a whole one . I was dizzy and felt drunk and very spaced out all day . I'm so scared I have 3 toddlers and a 10 year old to take care of . Can anxiety really make you feel so shaky and weak like your gonna faint or fall . I feel disconnected with my self like something has just sucked the life right out of me . Someone please tell me this is normal panic / anxiety
Bookmark and Share

Offline Shan1983

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Every day of my life I'm terrified
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 06:16:01 PM »
This is totally normal,, I shake all the time, it's pretty funny to watch me eat a bowl of cereal or soup because by the time the spoon reaches my mouth nothing's left on it,,I'm 31 and have panic attacks since I was 16,,I have been on zoloft but am switching my meds next week sice it's doing nothing for me.im terrified everyday about when my next panic attack will come, I'm constantly thinking "what ifs" and the whole process is so exhausting.you will be ok and don't worry that something is physically wrong with you,,this is what panic suffered deal with,,it sucks and it's terrifying but you can get through it
Bookmark and Share
Constant anxiety and panic,,it's horrible but makes you a very strong person depending how you look at it

Offline oscarsshorty04

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 08:46:31 PM »
Thank you for that reply . I just feel like I'm dying and can't figure out why at 30 years old I need to hold onto my husband everywhere I go . I also feel like food is stuck in my throat after I eat or I have this big lump in my throat like I'm choking :( . I to have suffered with panic attacks for a long time since I was 18 but it hasent gotten this bad in a very long time :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline Shan1983

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 09:44:24 PM »
I know what you mean,they come and go,,the last 2 weeks have been constant attacks for me,,I'm actually having one now,,it's like every 5 min they are coming,,it's really awful and annoying
Bookmark and Share
Constant anxiety and panic,,it's horrible but makes you a very strong person depending how you look at it

Offline oscarsshorty04

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 10:23:35 PM »
Shan do you feel like you can't put your head up sometimes to look at people bc you feel so off balance like your gonna pass out ? Sounds kinda dumb I know but it scares the crap outta me :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Shan1983

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 07:07:26 AM »
It doesn't sound dumb at all!! I have definitely felt like I was going to pass out from panic,and how embarrassing would that be and who would help me if I was by myself,the fear is agony,like you just want to jump out of your skin,,nothing your feeling is dumb,,we all have felt one of these symptoms before, it's a part of this disorder or whatever you want to call it,you are not alone
Bookmark and Share

Offline oscarsshorty04

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 11:54:13 AM »
Thanks Shan :) that makes me feel a little better
Bookmark and Share

Offline danman

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 09:45:20 PM »
I've been to the e.r. as well twice. Once I could barely walk. I could only pace in baby steps waiting for them to call my name. Everything checked out fine . Another time I had a panic in the gym I tried to walk it out outside. I was scared to take my valuim so I went to e.r. again. My b.p. was 160/100 and the lady is like try to breathe and sit down. I was like lady if I could I would! Everything checked out normal and a shot in the gluten of Ativan calmed me. I wished I would of just taken my valuim.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dlwood62

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 09:16:16 AM »
After suffering with panic for to many years to count I have found that anything can happen and all the feeling are real to us!!!! It doesn't matter how stupid they sound they are because of panic. For me if I can talk about the feeling or pain or what ever is happening that most of the times it will go away -- it is like if I voice it the symptom didn't win!!
I have also found that set backs are terrible --I got rid of you for awhile so why did you come back again. But, I have also found that they pass pretty quickly because I have learned myself enough that I kind of know how to talk to myself get through it. It doesn't mean that I never have them it means that I go back to what works for me and start over but the steps take less time to get through!!
I, too, put off taking meds -- I have xanax for quick relief. Then afterwards beat myself up because I know that wasn't the wisest choice I could make. My old dr. would prescribe it to take as necessary and kept an eye on how much I took, he retired a year ago and my new dr doesn't really believe in xanax (because he says it is so addidtive) -- I'm like Ive taken it for years and it works for me so why change. Thanks goodness he finally sees it my way!!
Hope things get better for you -- go back and do what ever helped you before!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: