Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Update on doctor appointment today....  (Read 464 times)

Offline gypsymoon

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Update on doctor appointment today....
« on: May 07, 2014, 05:08:24 PM »
So I went and had my yearly exam at my gynecologist's office today.  I told her I am really worried about a couple of spotting incidents after sex.  She said my cervix looked normal and smooth, but when she took the smear for the pap test she said it did bleed just a tiny bit and there is a little irritated spot.  I freaked out and asked if it was cancer and she said NO, that if I had uterine or cervical cancer I would be bleeding all the time.  She also said sometimes the skin on the cervix can get a little thinner and more easily irritated as we age (I'm going to be 38 this month.)   She said it could also be from a bacterial infection, but since I have no other symptoms she didn't want to treat me for anything until the pap test comes back.  And she is also going to run a screen for STD's, even though she and I know I don't have one of those!   She also said she is going to put a note on my chart to call me with the results (they don't call when everything is ok) because she knows how worried I am - but she told me to stop worrying about cancer!!  So I guess I will try to calm down until I hear back about my results, now I'm just hoping those will be ok  B-;  I did have a normal pap last year so I really hope this one is going to be ok.......but I'm still worried   B-;
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Update on doctor appointment today....
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 04:13:41 AM »
Glad all went well!  She's probably right about it being either a minor infection or just one of those things.  So put your worries behind you :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline kmm110

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 08:52:10 AM »
About 10 years ago I was experiencing bleeding after sex. It was more than just a little spotting. I was terrified that I had cervical cancer and saw 2 different drs and ended up being diagnosed with a "friable cervix" which means my cervix has blood vessels close to the surface that may be ruptured easily. They cauterized it a few times (totally painless, right in the office) but other than that, everything has been fine and my yearly paps have been normal. I really think you will be fine :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline gypsymoon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 06:16:13 PM »
Thanks guys - it is reassuring to hear that you can have spotting or bleeding problems like this and it not be anything scary!!!  Now I am just going to be on pins and needles waiting for my doctor's office to call with my pap results.  Thanks again, it really helps to hear from other people when you are so anxious!!!   :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline gypsymoon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 06:38:48 PM »
I got my pap test results today - NORMAL!!!!   :happy0151: I am SO relieved!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 09:23:21 PM »
That's great!!  :yes: :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: