Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: In a fog, not comprehending things?  (Read 98 times)

Offline Nelly22

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
In a fog, not comprehending things?
« on: May 07, 2014, 12:17:31 PM »
The past couple of weeks I've been feeling really mentally impaired. I feel  really dizzy,spaced out and detatched, and like I cannot understand what I'm reading or hearing. When I try to type things I'm constantly making mistakes. I feel like I'm jumbling my words and struggling to find the right ones. When I speak it feels like my mouth is ahead of my mind and I'm not even understanding myself. Normally I excel in reading, spelling and things of that nature, and this is scaring me big time. I had been having neck, jaw, and ear pain for the past 2 months and I was afraid I got a dissection in one of my neck arteries, and I'm feeling like these problems are the result of stroke or reduced blood flow to my brain from a dissection. The dr. keeps saying I'm fine and there's no way I have a that, and he says my ears look fine too so no infection going on. Could this comprehension and spacey/dizzy thing be just the result of my anxiety over my feared neck dissection? I feel like things are so wrong. Help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worrier1978

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: In a fog, not comprehending things?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 01:36:23 PM »
I have had most of the same symptoms for the last several weeks, as well. I'm assuming it's anxiety. I go back & forth on whether to see a doctor or not. The thing that keeps me from making an appointment is that I notice when I'm busy with something that keeps me focused, or really relaxed, these feelings go away. It was at its worst around Easter & then I read on here about derealization and depersonalization. I actually cried when I read about this because it described EXACTLY how I was feeling. Do a search for it on here!

Also, I have tight muscles in my back, neck, shoulders & chest, which comes & goes. (I have always gotten tightness in my neck when I'm stressed, which causes headaches for me.) Recently, I've been having soreness/tightness in my neck, jaw & ear area also. I'm wondering if I'm grinding my teeth again at night. (Apparently I cracked several teeth by doing this! I swear my inability to handle stress properly is going to pay my dentist's daughter's way through college!) I might get one of those mouth guard things to see if that helps & then see what my dentist says when I go back in a month. Is it possible that you grind your teeth at all?

Oh, and I think part of my ear issue might be seasonal allergies kicking in. They were clogged for a few days around Easter, then drained & since I've had some mild allergy stuff going on.

If your doctor keeps saying you're fine, you probably are. (And hopefully I am, too!) If anyone else has been through this, please share your experience!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: