Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Weird problems. Please help! Any input!  (Read 122 times)

Offline Lam123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Weird problems. Please help! Any input!
« on: May 07, 2014, 11:49:09 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I had a sinus infection last week and took antibiotics, feel better today. But starting two days ago, my tongue feels like I burned it but I don't think I have. Things taste a little different aswell, and when I eat something like toast (rough), it hurts the tongue a bit. I went to the dentist yesterday and he said eveything looked fine, he said there were some spots on my tongue that looked rough and he thought I might have burned it and didn't even realize. He said to give it a week or two to go back to normal. He also said the antibiotics might have changed my palate while taking it.
I am in complete panic. Has anyone ever had these problems?
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird problems. Please help! Any input!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 02:24:38 PM »
Yes I have had issues similar to this.  I know that being on certain meds can change how things taste to me. 

I have had the issue with the tongue feeling odd as well.  It usually passes in a few days and is often the result of burning your tongue like your doctor suggested. 

Give it a few more days, but I am sure you are fine.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline richdelb

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 04:52:47 PM »
I'll second the Antibiotics and weird sensations / tastes.  Sometime they last for a week or two even after the antibiotics are finished.  Don't know why some have this affect and others don't but.  I'd also second the notion of what your dentist said and give it a couple of weeks to go away.  Also remember that taste and smell are connected, and if you just had a sinus infection you might still have some residual swelling in your sinuses (even if you feel much better) that might be putting your sense of taste and or smell out of "wack" a bit.  See how you feel in 2 weeks..

Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 05:48:44 PM »
Antibiotics can disturb healthy bacteria as well as the infectious bacteria. Bacterial imbalances can create a lot of really bizarre problems (none of which you should be concerned about). My friend experienced a deficiency due to antibiotics that caused bad nosebleeds.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 07:31:40 PM »
I get burning sensations on my tongue. I think this is quite common for anxiety sufferers to experience. It sometimes feels slightly tingly as well and numb. But why are you so worried anyway? What do you think it could be? Or, what do you fear it may be?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: