Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Focusing on dreaming bigger, things that give my life meaning  (Read 120 times)

Online worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member

This is a bit from ACT therapy.  But sometimes I find it helpful to focus my mind on what dreams I want to make come true.  "Dream Bigger" is a motto that comes into my mind.  The more I think about what kind of life I want to build for myself, and what steps I have to take today -- the less I think about anxiety or feel nervous.  The more I remember my purpose and the urgency of my short time on earth.  The importance of loving people I encounter during the day.  And for me it's important not to just focus of my search for romantic love.  I also seek expanding my circle of friends.

So to me, it's about this.  "Dream Bigger."  Don't limit what my life can become.  I know anxiety wants my attention.  But that doesn't mean I have to give it all the time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Focusing on dreaming bigger, things that give my life meaning
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 12:25:02 AM »
Very well put....I'll add that I find some benefit not just in dreaming bigger, but more fully the "smaller" things that are already there, those things that often taken for granted as one rushes out  to work and such.  Breathing the fresh spring air a  little more deeply....and last week a  walk in the pouring rain because  I needed the exercise and I like the  rain!  ;D

Same too, it could almost be said for my social circle. I need to worry less about that social circle and more about finding acceptance of myself..and walks in the rain seem to be a bit conducive to that! I've  learned a lot about myself and my life through  my journaling.

When I was working through some  future ACT goal idea, I really liked the idea of being more environmentally  friendly. So I haven't gotten there yet, but I'm pleased to have a  goal  for this down the line.
Bookmark and Share

Online worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Focusing on dreaming bigger, things that give my life meaning
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 06:56:50 PM »
I agree, AM.  Being present for the smaller moments is as important as having big hopes.
The other night before going to sleep, the night breeze was cool and intoxicating.  I couldn't stopping breathing it in.

Or sometimes there is a moment in the middle of my work day when I feel totally connected, totally myself, or I find myself
having fun.  I plan to keep accumulating those great small moments that give my life meaning too.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: