Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: stroke? or warning of one?  (Read 206 times)

Online adellic

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
stroke? or warning of one?
« on: May 06, 2014, 07:18:14 PM »
hey everyone

so i've been doing ok these last few weeks since i last put a post up on here, but yesterday i had, for the first time in a while, what the rational part of me thinks was a full blown panic attack.

the anxiety part of me says stroke, or the warning of one...

i was on my lunchbreak and drove down the road to my mums, while i was driving i suddenly got a weird feeling in my right arm, like it went numb and weak. i suddenly got super dizzy and felt like i was on the verge of passing out.

mum wasn't home, so i freaked out and parked my car up, called my partner and told him i though i had had a stroke, asked him to stay on the phone with me while i drove down the road to my doctors.
got to the docs and asked if i could see someone, explained what had happend and a nurse came and got me.

straight away, just by looking at me, she asked if i suffered from panic attacks...yep, yep i do.
she told me that at 23, i was low risk and that what i had experienced was a panic attack and the reason i got so dizzy was because i started hyperventillating (my lips were also a bit blue - obviously wasn't breathing properly). she said if it happended again to come back, but that she didnt think it was anything serious.

now i know all this, but i still cant shake the feeling something is seriously wrong, even though i've been told im fine... (i've also had various blood tests, basic nuero exam, holter monitor and am waiting to see a nuero for an EEG for my fear of seizures).

its the day after and im having trouble concentrating at work, i still feel like my right arm is week and when i make a fist sometimes it feels tingly. (i get these tingles often). i really just dont know what to do anymore... im scared i have a brain tumor or something thats just slowly learking there in the background ready to take me out at any given moment. its ruining my life and i want my happiness back!

anyone have any advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline carolina girl

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: stroke? or warning of one?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 01:15:01 PM »
I have similar episodes.... About a week ago I was in the drive through at a resteraunt and suddenly felt like both arms were numb and really light weight. Immediately I felt so light headed like I was passing out and even kicked my feet because it scared me so bad.  My heart rate picked up and I couldn't concentrate.  Thank goodness someone else was driving this time but I have had these same episodes while driving down the road.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lance1984

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 03:20:42 AM »
Hey
I hope you are feeling better, anxiety is the worse experience ever, especially when you're trying to explain it to love ones and that they think your over reacting, stay strong , I notice your from NZ same here
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• Rec's: 197
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 07:33:33 AM »
anxiety not only affects the mind but the body as well.

sounds like a panic attack to me.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state