Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Breast ultrasound on Monday....so worried!  (Read 168 times)

Offline kmm110

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Breast ultrasound on Monday....so worried!
« on: May 06, 2014, 02:01:03 PM »
I am being followed up every 6 months for "probably benign" calcifications in my left breast, however, I am pregnant so the dr. said no mammogram, just get an ultrasound. My last mammogram/ultrasound was in September and it showed no change in the calcifications and multiple cysts (some were "complicated" but the radiologist only recommended follow up for the calcifications). I am so scared that I have breast cancer and it was too early before to be detected, but that the pregnancy hormones have caused it to progress faster than usual (which I found out is possible when pregnant due to the high levels of estrogen!).

I can't even do a self exam to check for lumps because I have naturally lumpy breasts and it throws me in a state of panic. I have extremely dense breasts so I have been worried that mammograms aren't even going to detect cancer if it's there. Please help...ever since I made this appt I have been more worried each day, and I can't take any Xanax due to the pregnancy :( I am afraid I am going to have a panic attack at the place when I'm there.
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Breast ultrasound on Monday....so worried!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 01:10:24 AM »
Good luck.  Odds are great that it will be nothing, but the night before an appointment is always miserable.  But it'll be over before you know it and hopefully you'll have some good news.
Bookmark and Share

Online AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Breast ultrasound on Monday....so worried!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 01:26:54 AM »
Good luck!  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Tags: