Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Always rushing to the ER?  (Read 935 times)

Offline AOKAY

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: Always rushing to the ER?
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 02:00:05 PM »
Back in March I went to the ER because I thought I was having a bad reaction to the prednisone my primary care doctor prescribed for sciatica.  It was late on a Monday night so I just drove to the ER. Well, I learned my lesson.  My new individual policy under the Affordable Care Act does not pay for ER visits.  They throw the charge into your deductible and mine is $2,500.00, so I am out-of-pocket $1,000.00 for the approximately 10 minutes total attention I received before the ER sent me home. 
Next time, and I hope there is no next time, I'm going to Urgent Care or waking up my primary care doctor.
I also agree with *****-Plus that I've used my "chit" at the ER for the foreseeable future.  Even if I had serious chest pain I would be reluctant to go back, not just because of the cost, but because when it turns out to just be panic I will feel humiliated again.  (I know that defies common sense, but we anxious types have a hard way of distinguishing true symptoms from phantoms.  With us it's more likely to be that anxiety monster and not real.)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Illusionfive

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 04:50:12 PM »
I've been a lot too. Many tests and all. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline alesha

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 07:41:41 PM »
Fhestia, you described me to a T. I just posted something about this. Always feeling like with every symptom its the worst thing and I am just going to drop dead. Its a awful feeling. Always feel like I need to be ready to go to the ER.
Bookmark and Share

Offline abbypoo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 08:02:29 PM »
I had a sinus infection a few weeks ago and I had a panic attack. My mom told me I could not go to the emergency room but I sure did want to at the time.  :P
This sounds severe and it is getting in the way of your life. Stop spending money on these trips and spend money seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist. They will help you and give you methods to cope with how you are feeling. WE ALL GET ACHES IN PAINS! It is a normal part of life. Just remind yourself that. By the way, do you live with family or a partner? Have one of them calm you down during one of these episodes.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything