Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 41 times)

Offline Vertigo45

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello
« on: May 05, 2014, 11:01:59 PM »
This is my first post. I would like to introduce myself. You can call me H. I am a 45 year old female and have been suffering with what I thought was a stomach bug for 4 weeks now. I started out with diarrhea for 2 days, then that eased up a bit and by the weekend the diarrhea continued and I was overwhelmed by severe nausea. This has continued. I went to my pc doc who did blood work and stool sample testing. Everything came back within normal range or negative for bacteria or parasites. Was sent to gastro doc and had an ultrasound, which was normal and an endoscopy. I only got half the results on that test as I had this done only a few days ago. And those results were also negative. I have lost 15 pounds and I am a thin person to begin with. I am so worried this is something serious, but they just can't find anything. I haven't been able to work, this will be my second week. I have a very active lifestyle and this is debilitating. Any thoughts out there would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 11:17:53 PM »
Hi Vertigo,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline Vertigo45

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 11:36:14 PM »
Thank you. I'm so happy I found this site. It's comforting to know I am not alone in my fears.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything