Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Severe Muscle Twitching!  (Read 199 times)

Offline Niugi

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Severe Muscle Twitching!
« on: May 05, 2014, 09:17:45 AM »
I started having minor muscle twitching in my calves about 2 years ago (which i wasn't worried about).
But 2 months ago (March 2014) I had my first panic attack, where i thought i was having a heart attack & was going to die :( The doctor cleared me & told me i was fine (I didn't believe him which has lead me to becoming a hypochondriac). I got all these heart test done from the Cardiologist Ultrasound, EKG, running on the treadmill, 24 hour heart monitor & all the results came back great :) The Doc told me "You have a really healthy heart" (But i still felt like it wasn't right).
Then i was feeling less stressed about my heart & thats when all my other symptoms with Anxiety started,
Dizziness,
palpitations,
head pressure (Headaches),
panic attacks,
short breaths,
tight chest,
tight ribs,
upset stomach,
flashes out of the corner of my eye,
And....the most consering one to me TWITCHING!

Those light twitches i had in my calves 2 years ago are now full blown twitches and don't stop. I have muscle twitches all over my body,
My temple twitches,
face twitches,
chest twitches,
Stomach twitches,
Neck twitches,
Shoulder twitches,
Thighs twitches,
Hamstrings twitches,
And my Calves twitches where it all started are the worst, whenever i stop moving i can feel them (even when I'm driving i can feel them twitch). I got my blood test back and i have a very low deficiency in Vitamin D (37%) & Magnesium. I am really scared that i have something incurable like MS & Parkinson's :(
Im trying my best to stay positive & keep my mind of it but its pretty much impossible when your a hypochondriac. Ive started taking Vitamins for deficiencies so i will keep you guys posted how i go.

Has anybody else had severe muscle twitching all over their body?

Bookmark and Share

Offline AOKAY

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: Severe Muscle Twitching!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 03:13:39 PM »
Yes, I've had periods of severe twitching during times of extreme stress.  I went to my primary care doctor who thought it was nothing (telling me he also frequently twitched), but he sent me to a neurologist to ease my mind.  The neurologist also saw nothing worrisome and recommended I take more Vitamin B6, which I did.  The twitching stopped when my general anxiety level decreased.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Severe Muscle Twitching!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 04:30:10 PM »
I have the worst calf twitches ever. Occasionally, it moves around to my face, hands and even my knees. I've had it for four months today..
Bookmark and Share