Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Brief Moments of Feeling Unreal or Non Existent  (Read 92 times)

Offline matt1990

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brief Moments of Feeling Unreal or Non Existent
« on: May 05, 2014, 01:31:59 AM »
I experience brief moments of feeling unreal and like nothing exists. It happens occasionally and comes on suddenly. While this is happening my heart starts pounding and my mind races. Thoughts of "Who, What, Where am I, Am I real, Does anything exist, Is this all a dream?". Then after a couple seconds I snap back into reality. These episodes have been happening for as far back as I can remember. It used to freak me out in school. I am afraid of it being caused by some really bad disease. I've read up some on depersonalization/derealization, but not sure if that's what I'm experiencing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brief Moments of Feeling Unreal or Non Existent
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 02:21:01 AM »
i get this exact sensation ALL the time, i've had it since i was a kid. if i don't calm myself down quickly enough it can rapidly spiral into a full-blown panic attack. it almost feels like i float out of my body for a moment and everything feels strange and wrong and alien. on the bright side, this is actually a very common side effect of chronic anxiety, but i know the feeling of being very worried that it's something worse. it's definitely not a comfortable feeling, after all. :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: