Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Over 55-whats your bigest health fear and why  (Read 169 times)

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Over 55-whats your bigest health fear and why
« on: May 04, 2014, 12:20:59 AM »
I'm 65 and mine is cancer of all kinds.  I think its a fear of pain,missing out on grand childrens lifes and enjoying the years i have left.  I would rather just go in my sleep and never know what happened.  Pain from cancer scares me to death.
Bookmark and Share

Offline etethorpe

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Over 55-whats your bigest health fear and why
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 08:36:50 AM »
Dementia, be it from alzheimier's or something else - because I seem to have all the early symptoms, brain won't  move at times, handwriting deteriorating, can't seem to get motivated to to anything, everything seems so overwhelming

Cancer - comes and grabs you and holds you fast, what it does is out of our control, it might be good to you (easily treatable), it might not (you're gone in a couple months).

Heart - while I do get chest pains, they don't worry me too much.  I guess I see this as being one of the more treatable age related diseases.

Right now dementia tops the list.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 08:43:46 AM »
The exit is my daily, consummate preoccupation as I am up there too. The biggest concern is the how to get out and how to avoid the horrific way it can happen.

In our culture there is no preparation for this same end for everyone, nor how to be in charge of our own life. Keep researching for a soothing combination that can bring the end before dementia, before unbearable pain or losing all dignity or quality of life. Unfortunately it remains a taboo subject. But I'm hopeful. Young people want everything out, questioned and revised. Let this subject come out of the closet too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 10:08:03 AM »
I guess my real fear is death-especially as i head toward 70.  I want to see my daughter get married and my granddaugher grow up.  I know theres no quarantee with life but i would feel cheated-plus im terrifed of pain and death.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: