Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Kind of worried, please help! Pain in ankles!  (Read 88 times)

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
Kind of worried, please help! Pain in ankles!
« on: May 03, 2014, 04:15:31 PM »
Hey everyone  :action-smiley-065: It's been a while since I've been here, which I suppose is a good thing!

But for a few days (about 3 including today) I have noticed that both of my legs (a lot more-so in my right ankle than my left). It started 3 days ago, late at night when I was laying down watching tv, I felt like I was getting perceived weakness in my legs (mostly in my feet and never going any higher than my knees).  I wrote it off as nothing important, and went to sleep ... woke up the next day feeling fine than the same thing happened the next night - except much earlier, probably at around 10.

Now today it has started even when I'm not laying down, or late at night. I tend to get pain in my ankles, which feel EXACTLY like growing pains. (Edit: I've also felt it in my knee & a bit in my shin) And I tried to force myself to realize that my body was okay - so I decided to go out and jog a little bit, until I realized that I could feel the blood rushing to my right foot. I'm a little bit freaked out now. The perceived weakness/numbness & pain are not position-based nor does it seem to get worse by moving or by laying down. I just can't figure out whats going on.

Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Online christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
Re: Kind of worried, please help! Pain in ankles!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 12:10:04 AM »
I have perceived weakness and numbness in my lower legs, too.
I even have parts of my feet and stuff go numb out of nowhere when I am lying down....and sometimes, like you said, when I am up and around or even sitting in a chair.
I always freak out when it happens....
I happen to have weak ankles (it runs in my family).
But, I believe it to be associated with my Anxiety.
Because my nervous system has been shot since this whole Anxiety thing completely took over.
It is so scary.....cause I start thinking that I'm about to die of something crazy...but, I never do, lol.
I hope you get to feeling better soon.
Read some books on the connection between Anxiety and our nervous system....it's really interesting and it helped me to be a little more at peace with everything  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

My Blog: http://thoughtsineuphoria.wordpress.com/

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Tags: