Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone get this?  (Read 118 times)

Offline Reallyworried93

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone get this?
« on: May 03, 2014, 03:10:54 PM »
I know this May sound weird but I know most people get the heart palpitation and fast breathing when they are at high anxiety but do any of you get the sensation that your not breathing right at all, like your not breathing enough and your breathing to slow? It feels like I'm not breathing and it's making me so worried :( I did go out drinking last night so that's made my anxiety higher today for some reason as it is now this is worrying me :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worrier1978

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone get this?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 01:16:39 PM »
I get this sometimes & I assume it's anxiety related. Also, the more attention I give it the worse it seems. It happens sometimes when I'm trying to fall asleep & freaks me out, so I change my position & try to ignore it. Sometimes I repeat something in my head (for whatever reason the "Our Father" prayer pops into my head a lot) over & over to try to get my mind off of this & fall asleep. (Kind of like counting sheep, I guess!) It always works!

Also, I've had my heart & lungs checked fairly recently (x-ray, EKG, bloodwork, etc.), so I don't feel like it's anything to worry about. It is freaky, though!!!
Bookmark and Share