Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: weird tooth sensitivity  (Read 98 times)

Offline AnxiousGrr

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
weird tooth sensitivity
« on: May 01, 2014, 08:25:32 PM »
OK, so I went to see a dentist a few weeks ago.  I had no problems whatsoever.  But he did a small filling on one of my teeth on the upper jaw.  The part where the tooth and the gum meet.  He warned me I might have sensitivity to cold for a while.  But actually I didn't.  What I had was a bit of discomfort when biting.  A bit of pain.  I thought it might go away so I did nothing.  Then today I was drinking cold water and felt a lot of sensitivity.  But this time another tooth, just below the one with the filling.  I called the dentist. He assured me that it made sense.  But I don't see why a lower tooth would become sensitive to cold??  The xrays didn't indicate any problems there.  Dentist claims he needs to make an adjustment to the contour of the filling.  Anyway,  does it make sense?  Why would I feel sensitive to cold in a totally unrelated tooth?
Bookmark and Share

Offline AnxiousGrr

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: weird tooth sensitivity
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 11:23:35 PM »
Any advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MeAfraidOfEverything

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 11:28:39 PM »
It is most likely the new filling needing to be filed down a bit as it is hitting the tooth on your lower jaw and making that tooth sensitive. I have had this happen before and when I went back and my dentist filed the filling down a bit my bite went back to normal and my tooth in my lower jaw wasn't getting tapped wrong amymore and the sensitivity went away. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline AnxiousGrr

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 11:32:54 PM »
thanks meafraid!  it would make more sense to me if the filling was actually hitting the other tooth.  but the filling is placed closer to the gum.  that little space between the gum and the tooth.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: