Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Do you think it is ok to wait??  (Read 198 times)

Offline eva1227

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Do you think it is ok to wait??
« on: May 01, 2014, 02:17:56 PM »
Last April during my regular mammogram they found some benign fibroid cysts. They looked at it again in October and it didn't change. They told me that their new protocol is to follow these things for two years now. In April when I have my regular mammogram again, they will check that area again. The good thing is, is that I get to go to the diagnostic center, so I get the results right away instead of waiting in the mail for the dreaded letter, but here's my dilemma; I haven't made my appointment yet because both my kids are graduating (one HS, one College) in the next three weeks, and if god forbid something is there, I don't want to ruin their celebrations.

Do you think another month or so will matter one way or the other? Or am I just putting this off for my own HA reasons?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do you think it is ok to wait??
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 04:47:40 AM »
Probably both.  You're thinking with your HA - as we all do - but at the same time, three weeks won't make much difference if something is wrong (which I really doubt it is). 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 07:43:29 AM »
It is fine to wait. I have a tumor and they waited six weeks for my appt although it got cancelled because I found out I am pregnant, so they are waiting till after the baby is born.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 11:29:55 AM »
Call and make your appt for after all the graduations-you can always cancel if need be.  I just had a pill cam and the results wont be back for 2-3 weekks-and my daughter is graduating med school on the 15-so i feel like you do.  Dont want to spoil her big day with bad news.  IF ITS BAD-HARD NOT TO SAY SOMETHING.  Very nervous about it-almost wish it was yes-so i know i'm not crazy.  I feel like i'm completly crazy.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: