Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Keep checking my neck  (Read 139 times)

Offline Twitch169

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Keep checking my neck
« on: May 01, 2014, 11:48:45 AM »
Hi all not been here for a while as i thought my cbt thrapy worked but im back again i found a lump that i think is a lyph node just under my left ear next to jaw bone joint i keep trying to compair it to other side but this one deffintly feels bigger and can not rember it being there before i did have a sinus infection that went away about 2 week ago roughly but too scared to go doctor. And now i stand in front of the mirror comparing both sides of my neck and think one side seems bigger then the other but if i turn my head u can not tell if there is any swelling its on same size as the node to and keep thinking what if i have cancer could my skin swell from all the rubbing and checking seems like there is a sensation there most of the time but if i do get my mind off it i forget about it there is no pain help please
Bookmark and Share

Offline tiggs01

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Keep checking my neck
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 02:34:38 PM »
Exact same thing going on with me.
I noticed the lump in my left side of neck, half way down, but at the same time had a lot of drainage.
about 3 days later, full blown sinus infection.
I waited a week and called the dr for the sinus infection and they put me on a zpack.  It's been a week tomorrow since I finished the zpack, but the lump is still there.  I think it's smaller, but I've made myself quit pressing on it, heard that makes them worse.  I'm still hoping it's sinus related, and since it seems smaller, it probably is, but my HA is in full force and I've started having all anxiety symptoms again as well.  Tingles, abdominal pain, etc..... I have feeling like this, but glad I'm not alone.   I'm banking on sinus stuff, and yours probably is too.... I'll post again when it's gone (hopefully in another week).
Bookmark and Share

Offline Twitch169

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 02:46:09 PM »
Ive herd they can take up to 4 to 6 weeks to go down but then again i read it on the internet so i dunno what to belive but its that and me thinking has my neck swollen or not or is it just muscle and always been that way
Bookmark and Share

Offline tiggs01

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 04:16:39 PM »
We'll, I'm just at 2 1/2 so trying not to freak out too bad... Still, not an hour goes by that I'm not checking to see if it's any smaller......
Bookmark and Share

Tags: