Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: hello . need some help with the stress im having now  (Read 199 times)

Offline kxng

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
hello . need some help with the stress im having now
« on: May 01, 2014, 10:07:03 AM »
hello all. im ng from malaysia. I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder 6 years back after one of my best friend passed away. ever since then ive this fear of me getting terrible ilnesses when some symptoms looks the same. 2 months ago my business isnt really going really well and I was constantly thinking the worse. I constantly feels I have illness when some symptoms come. im pretty sure I am also having ibs. its really annoying. aweek ago I felt a dull pain at the lower back. I didnt remember the cause of the pain until 2 days ago I remember lifting a parked car with a few friend because the car is blocking my car for hours . but firstly it doesnt hurt that much until today when I cough real hard I felt a sharp pain at the lower back . and even when I sneeze I felt that painful muscle tearing feel. went to a doctor and he gave me painkillers . but now im feeling the worse that I have some other serious ilnesses. And honestly friends , it has been a bad 2 to 3 months stress cos of financial. ive had a panic attack when I was sleeping and this is not the first time. it really suck. and sometimes I felt beer does help me sleep a little better. help me out friends.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: hello . need some help with the stress im having now
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 03:43:18 PM »
Hi,

Welcome to the group . . . .

I guess that my best advice is for you to think about what is going on in your life . . . .

You are having difficult times with your business which is stressful and can cause anxiety which, in turn, can produce physical symptoms which, in turn, trigger more anxiety and so you get entrenched in a cycle.

Also, you did something that physically probably aggravated your back and so that is now adding another layer on to the stress and anxiety.

If you have been to a doctor and you feel that the doctor is reliable and she or he told you that it was muscle damage, then you need to accept that. If, however, you are not convinced, then perhaps you need a second opinion. If you were helping friends lift a car, I could see that action would cause muscle issues.

I would also not recommend that you drink beer with pain killers. Beer, for folks with anxiety, can itself increase anxiety or become an addiction which is simply adding more issues to the anxiety. If the meds are not working, then you need to speak with your doctor again.

I do not know how the health care system operates in Malaysia, but I think that you need counseling to deal with the anxiety from your financial issues which seems to be the immediate trigger. Do you have access to any community-based support groups or a circle of families or friends who could help you deal with your anxiety? You would still benefit from a professional counselor but sometimes a strong circle of support can work wonders while you are going through the rough times . . . I am sorry that I can't be of more help, but check back as others may have better information or suggestions . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Tags: