Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: My life is a dream  (Read 141 times)

Offline shellofabody

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My life is a dream
« on: May 01, 2014, 08:26:22 AM »
It's become harder and harder to distinguish dreams from reality. Sometimes I even have to think hard to remember if something actually happened or if I just dreamed it. Remembering my life is like remembering things that didn't happen, like I've just dreamt up my whole life. Sometimes I don't feel like I'm in the right place, time, etc. does anyone else ever get these feelings? It's extremely scary. Things that happened yesterday feel like a dream, and things that happened the day before feel like they happened a week ago....
Bookmark and Share

Offline sacrificeislove

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My life is a dream
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 10:33:58 AM »
I experience something similar- sometimes my mind distorts the truth of reality and so I have to go back and remind myself that what i just thought was not the truth and then I go back and try to re-experience real life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 11:11:55 AM »
dissociative disorders are extremely common in anxiety and panic sufferers. Nearly everyone here knows what you're going through: "Common descriptions of symptoms from sufferers include feeling disconnected from one's physicality or body, feeling detached from one's own thoughts or emotions, and a sense of feeling as if one is dreaming or in a dreamlike state."

My only real advice is to stop looking at it as something dangerous or bad. It takes time and practice but it works. It does get easier, and sooner or later you'll realize you can simply ignore it and it will go away. And when it does come, it has less of an effect and is over faster.
Bookmark and Share

Offline shellofabody

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 11:59:36 AM »
Thanks for the replies. It just worries me so much because it's like my memories are in the wrong order- I can't remember when things happened, or what I did on a certain day or even in a week. But I have found that it lessens when I'm not thinking about it.
Bookmark and Share