Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: my anxiety  (Read 61 times)

Offline Lucinda_x

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
my anxiety
« on: May 01, 2014, 12:30:12 AM »
Im lucinda im 20. So im not so good about talking about my anxiety...I guess I always had this fear of if I say something about it something bad will happen. ..but yeah I haven't told a lot of people this so heres my story. About a year ago I got into a bit of a drinking habit ..I'd always liked to drink since I was young but since I turned 18 I used to drink almost everyday I guess it was because my father had died at home when I was 17 and it made me feel a bit numb. Anyways one night after a heavy night of drinking I suddenly got all these strange but morbid thoughts in my head and I began to shake and feel nauseous and these thoughts just wouldnt go away. That morning I really didnt feel like myself I was having panic attacks for a week..I felt like I was dying. These thoughts wouldnt go away. I was sick and scared for my life. I was dizzy,  my heart was going crazy I felt so unattached from myself..so I went to see a doctor I said I thought it was withdrawals and she agreed. That was possibly the worst week of my life..as all the psychical synptoms passed I still had this anxiety. Mainly to do with my mortality. ..I was so scared like the world had suddenly caved in on me and I had no one to talk to about it. As the months went on I slowly got better, distracting myself ..I got a job and just tried so desperately to get out of these thoughts. I feel so much better now and never want to go back but I still everyday get these thoughts and I get dizzy and feel like im about to have a panic attack..somwdays are worse than others. But I figured now was the time to get it out because im not so afraid of the consequences. Im still scared of going to the doctors though. Ive been trying to get through this so long by myself that it feels good to write this out. It would be great to know that I am not alone. Thank you for giving me a chance to express this.
Lucinda x
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: my anxiety
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 09:24:44 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: my anxiety
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 02:43:15 PM »
Welcome, Lucinda.  You are a brave girl and have done much work to get out of your fear state.  THe power is within all of us and here at Anxiety Zone, we support each other regarding what works for us, and what might possibly be beneficial to you.  I, too, deal with panic, but I am working on my mindfulness, and I have two beautiful grandchildren to keep me busy a lot of days.  I also have a very supportive psychiatrist and I am experimenting with her on different meds, which seem to be working.

As you have discovered, you are much stronger than you think, especially after having such a terrible experience.

I wish you continued recovery and joy in the small moments of life that can bring us back to reality.

Best regards,

Julie A. Cook

P.s.  Chuchulan is right. The "chat room" is a support place.  It gets silly sometimes, but we all needa bit of silliness in our lives when there's so much fear and bad news.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: