Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: my dizziness and lightheadedness is worse when i lay a certain way with neck  (Read 367 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
i can feel the dizziness worse when i lay my head back and stare at ceiling then look straight its like a woozy off feeling.. my ent said its nothing in my ears or neurological, how the hell is that possible? is a brain tumor like this????
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
saw my DR today about my lightheaded and derealization
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 06:21:39 PM »
i saw my doctor today and told him about my lightheaded, derealization, heavy eyes and heavy head feeling. he said anxiety no brain tumor. i told him to do neurologist exam on me... he tested my strength, and checked my nerves in my eyes, said something about what the cranials or something in your eyes do and said everything was perfect, made me follow a light, move my tongue, wierd things.. he said its anxiety its nothing to do with my brain... meaning brain tumor or MS, does this make any sense? he said i am hypersensitive to feelings and stuff and that its my anxiety.. but i think anyone would notice this lightheadedness and what not?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tal

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Valley,
I have met many people in here with the same symptoms that you have.. Some if them had MRI's done and no brain tumor. Anxiety could cause this. Are you taking any medications to help your anxiety?

Tal
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety can and does cause what you're experiencing, plus your anxiety is probably making you think more about your symptoms than you would if you didn't have anxiety. 
Bookmark and Share

Online patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
can also be a pinched nerve
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Thanks guys, I cant figure it out. I am worse this morning.. I can tell my sinus's are clogged up and more on the dry side, and my throat is extremely dry this air down in the basement makes it worse over night when I sleep I think. Not sure if thats possible or not. Who knows.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tal

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sinuses could definitely cause that and make it worse. There are certain exercises for Vertigo that could help you Valley. Check it out on Youtube. They are neck and eye exercises...
Are you taking any anti anxiety medication?
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Sinuses could definitely cause that and make it worse. There are certain exercises for Vertigo that could help you Valley. Check it out on Youtube. They are neck and eye exercises...
Are you taking any anti anxiety medication?

Thanks Tal =) no I will not go on any more anxiety medication because the xanax. I was on prozac and this worsened everything 1 1/2 months ago. Im going to do a sinus rinse with warm salt water, take a benadryl and take my xanax and see what happens. But im going to check out the exercises on youtube now!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Salus

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Valley, Dr. Salus has all the cures in the chatroom, visit us there
Bookmark and Share

Offline insomniac

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi Valley,

Ive been experiencing same exact symptoms as you are describing, and I am telling you its anxiety. My whole anxiety story started with me having one severe panic attack and Ive been dizzy and lightheaded ever since. In the beginning now knowing anything about anxiety or even thinking that what I have is anxiety, the dizziness and lightheaded sent me further into this horrible spiral. I've been to ER over 30 times, and have had all the possible tests you can think of. Its Anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Holy god I just did a eye test on YouTube... I searched eye test dizziness it was a 7 min video you stare at something on wall And move ur head bak and forth while staring and there is no volume. Try it and tell me if you where dizzy times a thousand percent . I thought I was going to puke. Would my doctor have sent me for an MRI if he thought something was wrong after those simple nuerology tests yesterday he did to me? I told him I'm lightheaded 24/7 .... I had this start two months ago it lasted like one and a half months. I felt ok for a few days but not 100%. If it was a brain tumor would it have gotten worse over two months? And would my ENT defining have caught something like vertigo ? My mother has vertigo. Who knows but I really think I'm dying an I'm going to te gym to work out and it gets worse when I'm there so I can't win.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
I felt fine just now for 30 minutes and the feeling is back. this is driving me ABSOLUTELY NUTTS i am just sick of it, how can I function when work gets REALLY BUSY end of May and im working 12 hour days 6 days a week? i havent worked in a while besides a day here and there because its slow... and i havent gotten myself better. wtf.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
I googled and someone said they had dizziness for 3 months then was diagnosed with a brain tumor. And he was laughing on this website, so hopefully it was a joke. I think my symptoms would have gotten worse after 2 months and my doctor would know something is wrong. I am not even anxious when this is happening! Its like 24/7. Worse when I first wake up or wake in middle of the night, I walk to the bathroom and im like wobbly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insomniac

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Player42, first of all, STOP GOOGLING buddy. Im lightheaded 24x7 and had three scans and nothing. I understand your fear but, I assure you its your anxiety messing with you. And it messes with us very well. If one has a brain tumor (god forbid) depending on where it is, your motors functions get worse, and the symptoms are bad. I have suffered for so long with the same fears.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: